C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tires ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Lotus76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best tires ?

I am looking for advice is selecting new tires. Based on your experience what can you tell me? I have read the tire store comments but looking for real life.

I have Y2K (2000) wheels on my C3. 245/45-17 fronts 255/45-17 rears with falken tires. I really like the look of these tires. low, flat (square profile), smooth sidewall.

I am looking for better Ride quality and maybe some noise reduction. Budget is around $600 to $700

So what can you tell me? whats been good for you and why? what did you like and what should I stay away from? Let me know the manufacturer and the model.

Thanks
John
Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Kevins77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lotus76
I am looking for advice is selecting new tires. Based on your experience what can you tell me? I have read the tire store comments but looking for real life.

I have Y2K (2000) wheels on my C3. 245/45-17 fronts 255/45-17 rears with falken tires. I really like the look of these tires. low, flat (square profile), smooth sidewall.

I am looking for better Ride quality and maybe some noise reduction. Budget is around $600 to $700

So what can you tell me? whats been good for you and why? what did you like and what should I stay away from? Let me know the manufacturer and the model.

Thanks
John
The best/cheapest tire I have found is the Sumitomo's. Its a high performance tubeless summer tire (similar to a drag radial). I am running them on all 4 corners of this corvette (245/45/17 all around), and it rides great. The tires work very well. I ran them on my road course mustang (315/35/17 size though) due to price when I still had that car and they handled that just fine, and they handled the autocross event I took this car to better than my suspension did.. lol.

I absolutely believe these are the best tire/price you can find in this size.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=0

Check out my photobucket page if you want to see pics of the tires on ttII's.. I have a bunch of pics on there.

Last edited by Kevins77; 04-20-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: forgot link to tires.

Quick Reply: Best tires ?