C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TKO 600 Transmission, Rubber or Urethane

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:46 PM
waycool
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TKO 600 Transmission, Rubber or Urethane

I bought a TKO 600 from Classic Chevy a year ago and it came with a rubber transmission mount. I remember questioning the guy about it and why he didn't supply a urethane one. I have now forgot but I would like to get the consensus out there for which is the best to run. I am doing a frame off and will be replacing the body mounts and front end bushings with urethane. Any feed back is appreciated.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Any use of poly bushings is just boy-racer stuff that has no benefit on the street. JMHO.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:50 PM
WillEE
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poly bushings definitely have their place and benefits but not sure I'd agree the tranny mount is one of them. I used the rubber on my TKO conversion and think it's fine. I'm aware that some people who have used the poly mount noted some shifter vibration as a result.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Ehco1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I did mine I was told for a Tranny mount use rubber it absorbs vibration where poly won't. I used rubber. I don't know for a fact it is true but it makes sence to me.

Get notified of new replies

To TKO 600 Transmission, Rubber or Urethane

Quick Reply: TKO 600 Transmission, Rubber or Urethane