C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

defroster duct on a 1980

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:14 PM
mejetdrvr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default defroster duct on a 1980

hey guys, I would like see an pic of the defroster duct, how it mates up to the defroster valve duct. on my car I have an gap between the two. the upper one (where it exits through the top of the dash) and the duct where the control valve is at. Please help me out this can't be correct, I might be missing some parts. any body out there, must have torn down the dash to this point.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:55 PM
CCrane65
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mejetdrvr
hey guys, I would like see an pic of the defroster duct, how it mates up to the defroster valve duct. on my car I have an gap between the two. the upper one (where it exits through the top of the dash) and the duct where the control valve is at. Please help me out this can't be correct, I might be missing some parts. any body out there, must have torn down the dash to this point.
Actually you're probably are not missing any parts. You'll find a gap all the way back throughout the C3 series. Most people use duct tape to bridge the gap from what I've read. I did on my 72.

cc
Old 10-19-2008, 05:28 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CCrane72
Actually you're probably are not missing any parts. You'll find a gap all the way back throughout the C3 series. Most people use duct tape to bridge the gap from what I've read. I did on my 72.

cc
I've tried closing the gap but didnt think it made much difference.Some of the guys are using a blower motor out of a C4 I believe and that really increases the defrost flow.I had one in the shop that a guy used the other motor and it was a big difference.

Get notified of new replies

To defroster duct on a 1980

Quick Reply: defroster duct on a 1980