C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi-beam switch!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:46 PM
thiatt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi-beam switch!?!

I don't have an owner's manual, where is the hi beam sw on a '77?
Old 10-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thiatt
I don't have an owner's manual, where is the hi beam sw on a '77?

It's your turn signal switch. Pull it towards you, it'll click, the high beams will come on, and you'll see a blue 'Brights' indicator come on near the top of your speedometer.

Pull it towards you again, it'll click, and the brights will turn off.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:07 PM
thiatt
Instructor

Thanks, the mount must be broke every time I pulled the lever it would come forward but not click, so I thought it was my washer fluid not working. Then I held the back side of sw still while pulling forward and got the click. Shortly after pushed in on the sw and my washers sprayed, two birds one stone owe you one
Old 10-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thiatt
Thanks, the mount must be broke every time I pulled the lever it would come forward but not click, so I thought it was my washer fluid not working. Then I held the back side of sw still while pulling forward and got the click. Shortly after pushed in on the sw and my washers sprayed, two birds one stone owe you one

No problem. I think the '77 was the first year where the one switch was the signal, wash, and bright switch. Later I think that even got the cruise control switch.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:24 PM
wnmech
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your switch just could be out of adjustment. The switch is driven off of a rod that runs from your turn signal lever down the upper outboard side of the column to the actual switch under the column. Its hard to get to but doable. You have to remove the a/c duct and it takes a 5/16 and a 3/8th wrench to loosen the switch and it will slide forward or aft to adjust. I have found with my 77 if I move my tilt up and down it will mess up my hi/lo beam switch. Try moving your tilt column fully in either direction and see if it makes your switch operate.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 PM
thiatt
Instructor

I did see the rod and sw your talking about when I had the dash out. Lucky (or not) for me my a/c duct is missing should be little easier to adjust. Again Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Hi-beam switch!?!

Quick Reply: Hi-beam switch!?!