C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

70 rochester carb fuel filter spring.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:26 AM
GPGG70
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 70 rochester carb fuel filter spring.

I installed a new pump to carb fuel line the other day on my 350 sb and put a new small paper fuel filter in the filter housing on the carb and think theres a spring that is supposed to be in the housing holding the filter as well. If so it's not there. I looked thur summit, and at least 3 of the big corvette parts vendors for this spring but cant find one.
Oreillys has a small spring (#55144) but not sure if it's the correct spring.
I'm I correct in thinking theres supposed to be a spring or am I way out in left field.
Does any one now where I can get one & also need a inner spring for my lower (suction) radiator hose as well.
Thanks for any help or advice.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:33 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,928 Likes on 1,933 Posts

You have to have a spring behind the filter or the fuel will bypass the filter. Carbs Unlimited has the springs. Or, if you buy the Holley Bronze Inlet Filters, they come with the correct spring for the Q-Jet.
Lars
Old 10-02-2008, 02:39 PM
GPGG70
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lars
You have to have a spring behind the filter or the fuel will bypass the filter. Carbs Unlimited has the springs. Or, if you buy the Holley Bronze Inlet Filters, they come with the correct spring for the Q-Jet.
Lars
Thank you very much, I knew there was a spring in there otherwise it would just bypass it and not flow thru it.
Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To 70 rochester carb fuel filter spring.

Quick Reply: 70 rochester carb fuel filter spring.