C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Stricker Cage Nut....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:49 PM
koni9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Door Stricker Cage Nut....

I would like to sandblast and clean up my door stickers. I started to loosen the bolt and noticed that the stricker is moving all over the place. My books only says that there is a cage nut on the back side. My question is.... is the cage nut truly in a "cage" and supported or will it fall down into the inter rear fender, never to be seen again. The reason why I am asking the question is because when I replaced my t-top roof panel housing and pin guide plates I lost the threaded backing plate behind my inter fender.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Jon S
Instructor

It "should" be in a cage, but who knows - all of the GM cars I've worked on were no problem re-inserting the striker and tightening it up. Just requires a torx. I would mark the location of the door strikers for alignment purposes before removing them. Good Luck!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:35 PM
koni9
Instructor

Great, I will try and take them loose and pray that the cage nut stays in place for the installation.....
Old 09-06-2008, 04:26 PM
chris75stingray
Burning Brakes

try getting a real strong magnet and put it above the striker before you take it out. it might hold it incase the nut wants to fall

Get notified of new replies

To Door Stricker Cage Nut....

Quick Reply: Door Stricker Cage Nut....