C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CHoke & Battery Light On

Old 08-14-2013, 08:59 PM
C3Stretch
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHoke & Battery Light On

Kind of new to this forum and have had my 81 Vette for a lil over 2 months.

About a week ago my Choke light and Battery light came on and stayed on.

Did a bunch of searches on this site and found a few threads from 04, 06 & 08 or so.

Well I must say a lot of you guys ROCK on this site!

I took a bunch of notes and started down the diag road. Of course it wasn't gonna be as simple as the fuse so then I went looking at the choke and alternator and after doing a lot of testing it turned out to be a faulty alternator. I got lucky and it was replaced before I got it and the guy I bought if from got it swapped out for a new one. Installed it that weekend and BAM! No choke or battery light on anymore. Glad it wasn't as complicated as another thread I read where the guy was looking at fuseable links and pulling parts off looking for wiring problems.

There really is a lot of info on this site and some smart and helpful people on here!

So like any issue, start with the easy and work your way down the list and hopefully you find it without pulling your hair out and our Vette completely apart.

Thanks again and I hope this might help someone out who might have this issue.... those threads were old and buried.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,873 Likes on 911 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Yep...first thing to ck is the fuses when that happens. The next is the diodes in the alternator. Glad you got it fixed!

JIM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CHoke & Battery Light On