C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater Vent System For 1980 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 AM
1980 c3 man
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Vent System For 1980 Corvette

Hi everybody:
I guess Im the new guy. This is my first post. Anyway, I took my dash out. When I replaced it my vent system did not work right. I get air flow down to the lower vents but when I move to defrost I get no air flow on the windshield. I took the dash back out and I knowtest that the vent does not open to let air flow upwards. All my hoses are conected to the units that move the vent door back and forth. And they move manually when I push on them. I cant figure it out. If anyone could help me that would be great.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Did you check to make sure the line plug is attached to the bottom of the HVAC control? Also, check the vacuum doors by sucking and blowing in the vacuum tubes for the actuators. You should be able to open and close them all with your mouth.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:41 AM
1980 c3 man
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Durango

Hi Durango Boy:
If the HVAC is the controller switch which moves the air flow from the vent to the defrost when you move the handle. Yes, I followed the lines from the vacume canister back to that controller, and they were all conected. I will try blowing into the lines, I always thought it would take more presure. Do you think it could be an electrical problem?????
Thanks, 1980 C3 Man
Old 05-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1980 c3 man
Hi Durango Boy:
If the HVAC is the controller switch which moves the air flow from the vent to the defrost when you move the handle. Yes, I followed the lines from the vacume canister back to that controller, and they were all conected. I will try blowing into the lines, I always thought it would take more presure. Do you think it could be an electrical problem?????
Thanks, 1980 C3 Man

No none of the doors are electric. If you have a bad actuator, then that door won't open or close by sucking or blowing.

Get notified of new replies

To Heater Vent System For 1980 Corvette

Quick Reply: Heater Vent System For 1980 Corvette