C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Harness Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
1970john
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Harness Wiring

I am in the middle of a resotration on a 1970 and hooking up a new engine wiring harness. I am having trouble trying to get the wiper motor running and the blower motor.

I have two wiring diagrams one from here and one from letric limited that I ordered with the new harness. The old harness I coud not reference because the guy who blasted the engine compartment decided to remove wires wihtout marking them, not happy about that but oh well.

My question on the wiper motor is there is
3 prong connecter Lt Green, Yellow, Lt Blue. What is this and what voltage should I expect on these?

Also there is Yellow and D Blue that connects to coil on front one yellow has +12 blue one I assume is gnd.

There also is Black stake on, connecter to gnd.

There also is Red wire that was disconnected coming from back of housing? I have a red/white that could go to that or I have Red with Dark Blue/Purple? I do not have no limit switches or a wiper door since I have a long hood. Prints don't seem to match. One shows red/white the other from lectric limited shows

Also the other one is the blower motor. There are 3 conncections
Orange connecter, Double black connecter, and a another wire that was not connected where does this phantom wire go?

Any help would certainly be much appreciated. Even is somebody had some pics of theres maybe
Old 05-24-2008, 06:39 PM
jnb5101
Le Mans Master

Received 100 Likes on 92 Posts

willcox has a good tech paper on wiper motors. the red/white wire goes to the red wire that comes out behind the wiper motor. the double black wire at the blower is the ground. can't remember right now about the other wires.
jeff
Old 05-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Hammerhead Fred
Melting Slicks

Received 264 Likes on 225 Posts

Did you connect the ground wire?
There's a black wire that runs the length of the firewall harness.
It connects to the wiper motor and blower motor before running down to the large starter attaching bolt where it provides a ground to the engine block.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:26 PM
1970john
Intermediate

Where can I find the Willcox tech paper?
Old 05-24-2008, 08:29 PM
1970john
Intermediate

Yes the black double wire is connected up along with the orange on the blower motor, but there is another wire coming out that goes nowhere?

I am going to check the orange wire and see what voltage is on there as I move the switch from low to hi
Old 05-24-2008, 08:30 PM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 583 Likes on 504 Posts

http://willcoxcorvette.com/repairand...1221d8fa61b645

Click the supporting document .

Get notified of new replies

To Engine Harness Wiring

Quick Reply: Engine Harness Wiring