C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Temperature Sending Units??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:29 AM
RABVET427
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Temperature Sending Units??

Hi, Need some help: My 1970 LT1 has 2 sending units -----the one the right side has a 2 prong connection and the one on the left side is a 1 prong connection.
Why are there 2 of them? --- Also where can I find a new 2 prong connector because the one that I have is in poor shape.
Thank you.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The one on the driver's side is the temp sender for the gauge. It should have a single terminal. The one on the passenger side is actually a switch, called a TCS I think. It's not needed unless you want to stay stock and is a 3 way system between the engine temp, the carb, and the manual transmission. Seems that when the engine is cold it kicks the idle up in gears 3 and 4? I could be wrong about what exactly it does, but most people remove it if someone before didn't remove it already.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 261 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
The one on the driver's side is the temp sender for the gauge. It should have a single terminal. The one on the passenger side is actually a switch, called a TCS I think. It's not needed unless you want to stay stock and is a 3 way system between the engine temp, the carb, and the manual transmission. Seems that when the engine is cold it kicks the idle up in gears 3 and 4? I could be wrong about what exactly it does, but most people remove it if someone before didn't remove it already.
It also cuts off the vacuum advance based on what gear you are in (should be a switch in the trannie too. Here's a place to find connectors.
http://www.wiringharnessparts.com/main_page.html

Get notified of new replies

To Two Temperature Sending Units??

Quick Reply: Two Temperature Sending Units??