C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:15 PM
EyeLuvCorvettes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Brake Pads

I am going to be doing a brake rebuild come spring and have been looking into pads. I haven't been too successful finding pads for a c3 aside from the generic pad. So, what pads are you using, where did you buy them, how much? Which pads are the best in your opinion (keeping in consideration dust and sound)
Old 01-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Lightweight 001
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We offer 5 different pad options for 65-82 Corvettes for all applications and driving styles. For the street I would go with any standard semi-metallic pad over the riveted OEM style. If you want more of a performance pad you can go to a KFP pad and from there, select from the three levels of aggressiveness.

http://www.duntovmotors.com/Brakes.htm
Old 01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
jnb5101
Le Mans Master

Received 100 Likes on 92 Posts

the type of pad you choose should be determined by an honest appraisal of your driving habits. softer pads will function better than hard for everyday driving(even vigorous), harder pads that appeal to the high performance image we all like work great at high speeds. but unless you can push that pedal really hard, you won't like them for street use. think about what the general used in the hp 70s.
jeff
Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

The Hawk pads that were a package deal with new rotors from VBP made a huge difference but previous I was running with the original rotors and the crappy (generic) pads .

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Pads

Quick Reply: Brake Pads