Go Back   Corvette Forum > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 Tech/Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C3 Tech/Performance
V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette Sponsored by
VBP

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
chucktn
CF Member

Default Corvette repair shops in Memphis, TN??

Anyone know of any good repair shops in Memphis, Tn. or surrounding area?
chucktn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #2
TheSkunkWorks
CF Senior Member

If you're looking for body work, call Sonny at B&B Custom Automotive on Whitney (901-353-0426). His shop does general body work, but he's a Corvette guy himself who has left me very satisfied with everything he has done for me over the years. Tell him Charlie sent you. If he doesn't remember me, he'll remember these...

Click the image to open in full size.

If you need other work done, he should be able to point you in the right direction. If not, e-mail me and I'll see what I can come up with.
TheSkunkWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
yellow-fever
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktn View Post
Anyone know of any good repair shops in Memphis, Tn. or surrounding area?
I have been happy with Jim's Body Shop on corner of Pearson and Lamar. They have done body work on my 74 several times as well as my 07 Escalade. Very reasonable prices. Ask for Larry. He used to have a 76 himself. As for general mechanic work, try Mattei's Garage in east Memphis, off Poplar. Ralph Mattei got the A/C working on my 74 when nobody else could. Finally, Duane Watkins at Watkins Automotive on Elmore is doing a "top-end rebuild" on the 454 in my 74 (aluminum heads, roller cam, ignition, Demon carb, etc.) Supposed to have it ready real soon. Stay tuned.
yellow-fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:54 AM   #4
69elky
CF Senior Member

Default Repair Shop

Mechanical or bodywork?You have answers on bodywork,I am also located in MEM but I am not a ware of a good repair shop.What is your problem?Later Geno
69elky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
Bill Reaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69elky View Post
Mechanical or bodywork?You have answers on bodywork,I am also located in MEM but I am not a ware of a good repair shop.What is your problem?Later Geno
i need to find a good repair shop for my C5 2002 vette other then a dealer? Popping sound in the front suspension
Bill Reaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
Beatlearl

Default Mechanical Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkunkWorks View Post
If you're looking for body work, call Sonny at B&B Custom Automotive on Whitney (901-353-0426). His shop does general body work, but he's a Corvette guy himself who has left me very satisfied with everything he has done for me over the years. Tell him Charlie sent you. If he doesn't remember me, he'll remember these...

If you need other work done, he should be able to point you in the right direction. If not, e-mail me and I'll see what I can come up with.
Thanks for the tip Charlie I'll give him a call tomorrow.
Beatlearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:00 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page Corvette repair shops in Memphis, TN??

Tags
auto, body, book, corvette, good, mechanic, memphis, memphistn, performance, repair, restoration, shop, shops, tennessee, tn