C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any pictures of Street Avenger Linkage (& jet change)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:48 PM
dgruenke
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Any pictures of Street Avenger Linkage (& jet change)

I have a Street Avenger (770) that will sit atop the 383. I am not sure exactly how the linkage will hook up. I purchased a bracket several months ago from a fellow forum member. He said that the bracket was needed to use the stock throttle cable.

It is an auto transmission. Does anyone have a picture of how it hooks up?

Also, I am new to carb tuning. Where the heck do I find the jets?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:58 AM
69vettester
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgruenke
I have a Street Avenger (770) that will sit atop the 383. I am not sure exactly how the linkage will hook up. I purchased a bracket several months ago from a fellow forum member. He said that the bracket was needed to use the stock throttle cable.

It is an auto transmission. Does anyone have a picture of how it hooks up?

Also, I am new to carb tuning. Where the heck do I find the jets?
He was right,for SA and Demon carbs, If your not going to replace the cable, Youll need the Stock Bracket To clamp it. Then youll have to modify the setup for length, and so the bracket wont pivot on the carb bolt or stud. I Modified so I could use the stock cable, Most dont do that..they replace the cable and use adjustable mounting. Lokar Has the best replacement setup IMHO. Get it or another replacement at summit. Summit, Jegs, all have Holley Jet kits in diffirent ranges and prices

Post a pic of what you have..
Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 AM
dgruenke
Drifting

Originally Posted by 69vettester
He was right,for SA and Demon carbs, If your not going to replace the cable, Youll need the Stock Bracket To clamp it. Then youll have to modify the setup for length, and so the bracket wont pivot on the carb bolt or stud. I Modified so I could use the stock cable, Most dont do that..they replace the cable and use adjustable mounting. Lokar Has the best replacement setup IMHO. Get it or another replacement at summit. Summit, Jegs, all have Holley Jet kits in diffirent ranges and prices

Post a pic of what you have..
I will try to take some pictures of the SA bracket, the additional bracket that I bought and the QJ bracket tonight. Last night I was messing with it and I looked like I was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:19 PM
69vettester
Pro

[QUOTE=dgruenke;1562339869]I will try to take some pictures of the SA bracket, the additional bracket that I bought and the QJ bracket tonight. Last night I was messing with it and I looked like I was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. [/QUOTE

1. you gotta stop the bracket from pivoting..
2. the bracket has to clamp the cable so the end fastens to the throttle linkeage ball stud with no slack in the cable..

Its a pain..There is no adjustment with the stock setup!!
Have you considered swapping the cable for a Lokar or holley setup?
definitly a better functional design, and easier to set up after you get the cable rerouted into the cab. The rerouting through the firewall to the pedal linkeage is the only hard part.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Ray Y
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

The Holley website has a lot of good info for set up and tuning once you get it on the car.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 PM
dgruenke
Drifting

Here are some pictures of the carb and the bracket. Any suggestions?

Oh, and a picture of the engine so far.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Thinpockets
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A star washer between the bracket and the carb will keep it in place.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:59 AM
69vettester
Pro

Here are some pictures of the carb and the bracket. Any suggestions?
Oh, and a picture of the engine so far.
Thats a purty engine..When do you expect to have it installed?

and Good pics..The trick is to get the Cable set up so the linkeage works 100% and isnt Bubba'd.

You wont be able to test the hook up, until you have the engine under the hood, but heres approx. how it will go.
Try temp. fastening the bracket and Clamping the cable , then hold it over to the Throttle linkeage to see where the the end lands with no slack and not tight. If theres a hole there try installing the ball stud in it fasten the cable, get in and press the pedal to the metal. It needs to completely open the throttle No less and No More then return to completely closed. If theres no hole, you need to make one in the likeage or in a tab that you can fasten to the linkeage(approaching Bubba limits with that way).
Thinpockets says a starwasher will set the bracket and keep it from moving. I didnt do it that way, but maybe I should have
Old 10-19-2007, 10:45 AM
dgruenke
Drifting

Originally Posted by 69vettester
Thats a purty engine..When do you expect to have it installed?

and Good pics..The trick is to get the Cable set up so the linkeage works 100% and isnt Bubba'd.
My plan is to get it installed within the next few weeks. My schedule is so busy it is a matter of finding time to do it.

Thinpockets: Thanks for the pics. Now I see how that bracket mounts. I was trying to mount it somewhere on the existing linkage.

My throttle cable end is slightly different from yours. Mine does not have a stud attached to it. It is just a hole that has to go over a stud. I assume that I just need to get a ball stud to mount in the hole and then slide mine over it? If so, where can I get one, or do I try to use the one off of the Q-Jet?

Does the bracket enable you to adjust the cable so that it works, or will I still need to buy another throttle cable?

Thanks again.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If so, where can I get one, or do I try to use the one off of the Q-Jet?

Does the bracket enable you to adjust the cable so that it works, or will I still need to buy another throttle cable?

Thanks again.
Mine is exatly the same as yours & thin pockets. Summit has an assortment of Holley brand ball studs for a few bucks. OR...you can order just one from any of the Vette Catalog vendors.
P.S. I have since straightened out the crooked return spring & cable...

Eddie
Old 10-19-2007, 03:14 PM
dgruenke
Drifting

Originally Posted by Edzred72
Mine is exatly the same as yours & thin pockets. Summit has an assortment of Holley brand ball studs for a few bucks. OR...you can order just one from any of the Vette Catalog vendors.
P.S. I have since straightened out the crooked return spring & cable...

Eddie
Is yours the stock cable, or is it an aftermarket throttle cable?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Ray Y
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Edzred72,
Where did you get your braided stainless fuel lines?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is yours the stock cable, or is it an aftermarket throttle cable?
Stock 72 cable & Q-jet ball stud. 70 LT-1 throttle bracket. (paragon reproductions)
Ray Y.
Braided Fuel line from Jegs, Summit, or Pep Boys. Line clamps/caps from jegs.
Eddie

Get notified of new replies

To Any pictures of Street Avenger Linkage (& jet change)

Quick Reply: Any pictures of Street Avenger Linkage (& jet change)