C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CF Calendar Update Details

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 10:36 PM
Sunset Vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CF Calendar Update Details

Greetings all! It has been a long time since the last calendar update, mainly because my wife and I were on a much-needed vacation. We're back now, and here's the update.

1. Custom calendars are now ready to be built. If you ran through a calendar as a test for me earlier, thanks. The custom calendar build is now ready for real. Once you complete your custom calendar, click the "Finished" button and an email will be sent to us to print your calendar. Simple as that!

2. The standard calendars must be built by this weekend in order to allow people to order them in time for the holiday season. For that reason, we have a deadline on new submissions to be considered for a standard calendar of Friday (Nov 16) midnight (Pacific time). Any submissions that come in after that can be used in a custom calendar (any approved image in our database can be used on a custom calendar).

For full details on the calendar process, click here . To set up an account, create or review a custom calendar that you may have already started, try here instead .

I would like to extend my thanks to everyone that has submitted pictures for the project so far, and to those who helped fine tune the custom calendar creation programs.

Remember that 10% of the price of each calendar sold will be donated to the National Corvette Museum, so you are not only getting the chance to build your own calendar with fellow forum member cars on it, you are supporting a good cause as well.

Any questions? Send us an email .
Old 11-14-2001, 08:02 PM
Sunset Vette
Drifting

Default Re: CF Calendar Update Details

Back to the top in case you missed it... thanks! :D

Old 11-14-2001, 09:42 PM
MoMo
Melting Slicks

Default Re: CF Calendar Update Details (Sunset Vette)

Question- When we log out, are our selections saved if we're not finished yet? There are a lot of really nice pictures that I'd like to use for my calender, but are waiting approval. I'm sure this is so with others too.
Old 11-15-2001, 09:01 AM
Sunset Vette
Drifting

Default Re: CF Calendar Update Details (MoMo)

Question- When we log out, are our selections saved if we're not finished yet? There are a lot of really nice pictures that I'd like to use for my calender, but are waiting approval. I'm sure this is so with others too.
Yes, everything is saved on our web server. When you log out, your account / password and any work that you have done so far in building your calendar are definitely saved. That was one of the things I wrote the code for.

As far as "waiting approval", there are a number of images in "Pending" (yellow) status that we have approval for, they are simply too small to fill a full page. So what we will be doing over the next several days is adding a Corvette Forum Logo border around the images. That way they will fill the entire border, and you will be able to see by looking at the picture online that the actual image is not quite full page.

Like this:

I tried to come up with something subtle that doesn't detract from the picture, but still shows you visually what the final size of the picture on the page will be like.

Once we get that process completed, there will be a whole bunch of "Yellow" pending cars that move to "green" and will be available for your use.

If the car is in "Red" status, I've about given up. The owner of the image has never contacted us and given us permission to use the picture. If you see a pic that you like, and you know who it belongs to, please send them over to the site to fill out the permission form. That would be awesome. :cool:

Thanks for your comments.

Get notified of new replies

To CF Calendar Update Details

Quick Reply: CF Calendar Update Details