C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One more insurance Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 12:12 PM
Monkeywrench
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more insurance Question

I've been following some of the threads for Hagerty's insurance and what everyone is paying. Nationwide (who is my carrier for my two other cars) has a quoted price of $263.00/6 months if I treat it as a daily driver car and $170 / 6 months if we set a $9000 agreed upon value (and 2000 miles /year)

Now go to Hagerty's and with basically the same coverage (a little less medical) it's only $93/year!!!

Is this really too go to be true. Are there people out there that really have this coverage. That is a HUGE difference...

TIA
Old 11-15-2001, 12:17 PM
Eric 96
Safety Car

Default Re: One more insurance Question (sdotson)

I have been having Hagerty since I bought my Vette, and I have even had a claim. I pay $125/year, and I have $15,000 of full coverage. They paid my claim within 5 working days. I am very pleased with the company. Right now I am shopping for a newer Vette, and I am making sure it has some "collectable value" so I can stay with Hagerty.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:39 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: One more insurance Question (Eric 70)

Yep! Only change I would make is submit it with a higher agreed value. Your car is an oringinal BB car which, even with NOM, means higher resale/replacement value. My 69 is NOM and is valued at $20k to replace which means yours is easily worth $15k to replace. As an example, look at the midyear BB cars values with NOM versus a regular SB car. Remember, what you are submitting can be any amount, as long as they agree to it and you don't mind paying a little more premium. This is not meant to say SB cars are less valuble, its just what I've seen in the sell prices of original and NOM BB cars in my area.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:42 PM
1LE
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes there are good deals out there. Just the other day, I was talking to my
State Farm Agent about the Vette. He came up with a hell of a deal, He will put it on a Classic rate, as long as I do not drive the car to work. I can do prades, car shows, and just cruze, as long as I do not drive over 1000 miles a year. Full coverage, and a agreeded amount of $ 12,500. for $ 67.00 every 6 months. The other catch is once a year, he has to take pictures of the car. I thought that was a good deal.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:42 PM
Monkeywrench
Melting Slicks

Default Re: One more insurance Question (Marks69BB)

So as long as I don't say it's worth some rediculious amount ($50k) they will accept what I state? Keep in mind that I only paid $6500 for her...

With Nationwide I would have to get an apprasial and that's what they go off of. The problem with this is as I resotre her back to full health the value of the car will increase and I'll have to keep getting a new apprisal...

I'll give Hagerty's a call...Thanks

[Modified by sdotson, 11:43 AM 11/15/2001]
Old 11-15-2001, 01:06 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All Hagertys requires is pictures of the car for their records and that you have a daily driver under another insurance policy. I even faxed them a copy of my other policy so they could match my comp, collision, med, and uninsured motorists coverage on my truck. All in all, a great deal! :smash:
Old 11-15-2001, 02:02 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: One more insurance Question (1LE)

Just the other day, I was talking to my State Farm Agent about the Vette. He came up with a hell of a deal, He will put it on a Classic rate, as long as I do not drive the car to work. I can do prades, car shows, and just cruze, as long as I do not drive over 1000 miles a year. Full coverage, and a agreeded amount of $ 12,500. for $ 67.00 every 6 months. The other catch is once a year, he has to take pictures of the car. I thought that was a good deal.
I just ran your car thru the Hagerty's rate quote system. For the same coverage and restrictuions except no mileage restriction, same agreed amount. Rate is $127 for 12 months. Slightly less then the State Farm classic rates and without a milage limit. If you drive to a major show you can eat up that 1000 limit real quick. When I drive to Bloomington that is about 2000 miles total.

tom...
Old 11-15-2001, 04:09 PM
1LE
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: One more insurance Question (Tom73)

Thanks for the info, but I think I will stay with State Farm. I have 4 other cars
with them. If I plan to go to any far away shows, I will traller the car.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:14 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Thanks for the info, but I think I will stay with State Farm. I have 4 other cars with them. If I plan to go to any far away shows, I will traller the car.
I too am and was with State Farm. Have two 73 vettes, a 90 vette, and a truck. I moved the two 73 vettes from state farm to Hagerty. Cost with Hagerty was 1/4 what it was with state farm. But I did have "regular" insurance with state farm. I kept the 90 vette and the truck with State Farm as they are the regular drivers. It also maintained my multi-car discount and my longivity (they cannot cancel me). I dont have anything against State Farm but they just could not come close on the rates they quoted me compaired to Hagerty.

tom...
Old 11-15-2001, 05:41 PM
Eric 96
Safety Car

I'll bet your policy with State Farm is not "Agreed Value"! You better check to see what they will pay you in the event of a total loss!!!
Old 11-15-2001, 07:23 PM
71coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: One more insurance Question (Tom73)

Now I'm considering switching from AAA to Hagerty. Has anyone here filed a major claim with Hagerty? (Like a total or theft)

Get notified of new replies

To One more insurance Question

Quick Reply: One more insurance Question