C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Rab16
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Questions

Ok I just bought the components to switch over to braided fuel line and now I'm having clearance issues with the heater hose getting in the way of my fuel line. I need the heater hose to come out of the intake manifold and immediately turn 90 degrees to avoid my fuel line, so I bought a 90 degree heater hose fitting. Turns out, these don't work with the stock manifold because as you screw it into the manifold, the "L" part of the fitting hits another part of the manifold. The only thing that keeps me from is that I was planning on replacing my stock intake anyway. So, first question, can a 90 degree heater hose fitting be used with the Edelbrock RPM Air Gap manifold? Second question, what's the difference between the Edelbrock RPM Air Gap and the Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 AM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 362 Likes on 252 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17

Originally Posted by Rab16
Second question, what's the difference between the Edelbrock RPM Air Gap and the Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake?
Not a lot. Sorry, couldn't help it.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Rab16
Instructor

Oops that should've said RPM Air Gap and RPM Air Gap Vortec...
Old 09-23-2007, 09:29 PM
David Ey
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I don't know the answer to either q, but As soon as I can, I am replacing my "braided fuel line" crap with solid STEEL seamless tubing. The braided stuff is nothing but a rubber hose with a make you feel cool SS covering. I hope mine don't burn before I get it changed.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by David Ey
Well, I don't know the answer to either q, but As soon as I can, I am replacing my "braided fuel line" crap with solid STEEL seamless tubing. The braided stuff is nothing but a rubber hose with a make you feel cool SS covering. I hope mine don't burn before I get it changed.
Smart move,
Old 09-23-2007, 11:19 PM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 362 Likes on 252 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17

Originally Posted by Rab16
Oops that should've said RPM Air Gap and RPM Air Gap Vortec...

The only difference should be the bolt pattern. Air Gap for normal 23* heads & Air Gap Vortec for Vortec style heads. If your heads are std Chevy then you would use the Air Gap.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 PM
ajkogut
Instructor

I agree...I hate to reiterate what was said before but the Vortec part would be used with Vortec-style heads only. The bolt pattern and all around-fit are different between Vortec-style and traditional SBC heads.

Simply put, they probably flow the same and are the same design from Edelbrock but they are physically not interchangeable.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Rab16
Instructor

Thanks everyone! I've got an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap on the way from Summit. I'll update when it gets here.

Get notified of new replies

To Two Questions

Quick Reply: Two Questions