C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elcectric fan swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
brs6482
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elcectric fan swap

OK i know ive seen this on here maybe 200 times. Wanting to put a complete radiator and electric fan kit...whats the best out right now. Ive got a 4 speed, 350
Old 09-01-2007, 10:47 PM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have seen this so many times you must know the answer is DeWitt's.

Rick B.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:49 PM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, the word has been for the last 2 yrs I know of that Dewits Direct fit is the cats azz, I have seen a couple of them and installed the Dual Spall kit on one. I can tell you that it is indeed a bolt on-no mods needed whizbang unit. I even liked the coolio vents in the spall shroud.
However, there is a new guy, I don't know anything about his product except he says it is a bolt in and fits the existing mounts and its $100 cheaper, or thereabouts.
He is on ebay, here is a link
http://stores.ebay.com/Entropy-Technology-Corporation
Tom at Dewits has a button on the left of the menu.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:25 PM
brs6482
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

ill check out the new guy....but Dewitts seems to be the deal
Old 09-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Artsvette73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

However, there is a new guy, I don't know anything about his product except he says it is a bolt in and fits the existing mounts and its $100 cheaper, or thereabouts.
Tom at Dewits has a button on the left of the menu.[/QUOTE]

I have been using Entropy aliumium rad for 3 years in my 383 it bolted right in. It is a very well constructed unit. I am runnung dual flex fans. It runs cooler then my stock 77.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:49 PM
NTMMD8R
Instructor

I looked at this setup on Ebay. Anybody able to tell me if or why the DeWitt's set up for my C3 is worth about $320 more? I realize with the Ebay fellow the fan harness is extra and I'm taking that into account. I was hoping DeWitts would have had some kind of forum sale by now and made up my mind earlier....I like supporting our forum sponsors, but $320 is a lot of money for a ole poor boy like me.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:48 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by SIXFOOTER
Well, the word has been for the last 2 yrs I know of that Dewits Direct fit is the cats azz, I have seen a couple of them and installed the Dual Spall kit on one. I can tell you that it is indeed a bolt on-no mods needed whizbang unit. I even liked the coolio vents in the spall shroud.
Tom at Dewits has a button on the left of the menu.

LOOK close at the product, he don't claim they Spals, and then the shrouds don't have the one way rubber flappers for airflow at higher speeds, and increased suction at lo speeds/traffic....they are a china knockoff....bet on it....

dunno jack about the rad itself....I just have Tom's fans...and they flat WORK, damnit....
Old 09-02-2007, 11:52 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by NTMMD8R
I looked at this setup on Ebay. Anybody able to tell me if or why the DeWitt's set up for my C3 is worth about $320 more? I realize with the Ebay fellow the fan harness is extra and I'm taking that into account. I was hoping DeWitts would have had some kind of forum sale by now and made up my mind earlier....I like supporting our forum sponsors, but $320 is a lot of money for a ole poor boy like me.

I hear you on the budget stuff man, me too, I have a '89 or so later Camaro V8 radiator in there,...same core size as my SB '72....

and a set of Spals I mounted up really easy off the rad supports myself with roof flashing from houses...HD/Lowes as surround material to seal to the entire rad....I used NO bolts to the rad, just the steel support...
Old 09-03-2007, 01:42 PM
NTMMD8R
Instructor

Originally Posted by NTMMD8R
ttt
Old 09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
rastadr
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default different approach

i used a no name aluminum radiator, and the markVII monster fan. i had to do a little fabricating for brackets and wired it to run whenever ignition is on. (its allways hot here) . it cured all of my heat issues. but at the car shows, the dewitts clearly presents better.

Get notified of new replies

To Elcectric fan swap

Quick Reply: Elcectric fan swap