C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help finding local engine builder

Old 08-04-2007, 05:20 PM
madvette74
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Default need help finding local engine builder

I know of one shop locally, not to keen on using them I found another on the web, I was going to use him but after talking to him a couple of times, it sounds like to me ,he wants to choose my parts..
so I am not going to go in that direction, and regret it later....
so I am looking for an engine builder, thats very familiar with performance motors.. I dont mind travelling a little bit if that what it takes, I am from massachusetts 10min North of Boston... if anyone knows of a shop please let me know.. getting desperate here...
Old 08-04-2007, 07:42 PM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 354 Likes on 246 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17

Best advise I have is to call the speed shops in your area. They will know the quality builders in your area.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:31 AM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

OK so you know more than a guy that spends over 40hrs a week doing motors? My friend has many customers with "Summititis" who bring in mismatched parts and bad combinations because they are "THE EXPERTS". I would go to a local circle track race and see who builds the motors on the frontrunning cars and start talking to them about a engine project.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:03 PM
madvette74
Pro

I dont remember saying I know more than someone that works 40hrs a week, maybe you posted to the wrong thread when A builder tells me he wants to change the springs on my AFR heads because there made in china, and then tells me my comp cams pushrods he wants to replace with another set because those are made in china and then wants to sell me a forged crank for 600.00 ah duh!!!! maybe he works part time you think! did i mention I wanted a full roller cam my, said the brand is probaly made in china, I can make one for you..
I didn't want to get into the details on why I changed my mind on this builder, but you dont have to be a full time engine builder to know BS when you hear it..... but thanks for your useless comment, maybe if you dont have anything positve to post, you should resist the urge to knock someone

Originally Posted by Solid LT1
OK so you know more than a guy that spends over 40hrs a week doing motors? My friend has many customers with "Summititis" who bring in mismatched parts and bad combinations because they are "THE EXPERTS". I would go to a local circle track race and see who builds the motors on the frontrunning cars and start talking to them about a engine project.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:09 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,873 Likes on 911 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Drop a note to ML67....Mark has a couple of guys in the area he has had great success with. He lives up in Hudson N.H....but he works in Mass...so I know the guys are in that area somewhere.

In fact I think he's having a BBQ at his house this weekend for all the gearheads....maybe you can pop up there and take a ride in his 540" Vette and decide for yourself!

JIM

JIM
Old 08-06-2007, 09:56 AM
madvette74
Pro

thanks for the information, much appreaciated..
Old 08-09-2007, 03:18 AM
kickenit2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beck Racing Engine ( BRE ) in Arizona is great! You could have him build the engine to exactly what you want, shipping an engine is not that expensive in contrast to the cost of a quality $10K+ engine. And performance engines is their business. I love the 460 Hp. 383 stroker they built for me.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 AM
fugawi
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.golenengineservice.com the're in hudson N.H. got one in my 70 coupe. best thing i did for the vette.. chad wont steer you wrong..
Old 08-25-2007, 09:53 AM
madvette74
Pro

Originally Posted by fugawi
www.golenengineservice.com the're in hudson N.H. got one in my 70 coupe. best thing i did for the vette.. chad wont steer you wrong..
dropped the motor off with Golen engine service.. getting a few changes done... is yours a stroker? curious to know what size cam some of these stroker guys have installed, please post some of your engine combo and roller cam dur/lift......I am going full roller..

Get notified of new replies

To need help finding local engine builder

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help finding local engine builder