C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demon carb cfm specs? Anyone test them? HELP carb select!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Well, Jegs has just sent me out a brand new one to replace it, just after I spent all night getting my Quick Fuel SS-750-AN on and running great, now I am stuck debating which one to keep, such decisions.
The quick fuel really responded nice even with mech sec all the way through the power range. I guess I will have to go dragging around all weekend to make up my mind.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
gullick65wi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you've already got a good working carb (Demon), you could helicoil the stripped out threads.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:23 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by gullick65wi
Since you've already got a good working carb (Demon), you could helicoil the stripped out threads.
nah, they are going to give me a brand new one and not charge me anymore money and having fed ex pick up the old one. It will be here in the morning, it will be easy to set up since I already know all my baselines, jetting and pv. I really pleased with how good the Quick Fuel ran on it tonight, it is also cheaper and a mech sec carb, although I think really for my set up the MD 750 vac sec would be better. I think I will have to put the MD on tomorrow and see how well it performs to the QF.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Demon carb cfm specs? Anyone test them? HELP carb select!