C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Headers for $199???? Who knows about these?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:48 PM
crf311
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts

something looks funny on the tubes. It looks like 2 pieces welded together down the lenght of the tubes on both sides. Let us know how they look and post some pics.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:23 PM
sting66cp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil75vette
anyone get anything else on this... looks pretty... interesting ....
I bought a set of these and received them today. I can't speak for the fit until I install them, but I am happy with the quality. I think the welds look pretty good.

Also worth mentioning, I made an offer on these for $180.00 that was accepted.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Artsvette73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an interest in these headders but my concern is the grade of stainless. If it is anything like the stainless burners they ship over in the barbaque grills will be buying them every two years.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:03 PM
lil75vette
Racer

Originally Posted by sting66cp
I bought a set of these and received them today. I can't speak for the fit until I install them, but I am happy with the quality. I think the welds look pretty good.

Also worth mentioning, I made an offer on these for $180.00 that was accepted.
great!!!! Let me know how they fit...
Old 04-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Sharkboy
Instructor

Default sting66cp and Mike Bartlett are you out there?

Buyers of these headers - what are your results regarding installtion, fit and overall quality after installing these? Or are they are still in the box in the garage? (I understand!)
Old 04-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Mike Bartlett
Cruising

Default Chinese headers

I bought the headers in question.I posted some comments on c3vr website also.These headers arrived at my door within a week,good service,no games by seller.They are exactly as shown in the photo above.Highly polished stainless,made WELL.Welds on inside of the pipes were hit with a die grinder to knock down and smooth out,for a better flow.The flanges,adapter pcs. and the pipe is of good quality.I immediately bolted them up to my new iron vortex head(on the workbench),and they lined up perfectly.I know now I got a great deal.They came with all 4 gaskets and all GOOD hardware.$230.00 included freight. Regards,Mike
Old 04-29-2007, 04:30 PM
sting66cp
Racer

Originally Posted by lil75vette
great!!!! Let me know how they fit...
I installed them this weekend. Bolted right on with no issues, they look good.
Time will tell how they last, but at this point I think they are an exceptional value.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:15 PM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

Apparently sales have been good; he upped his shipping price by $10.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
mkflanagan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ratflinger
You can get stainless tubing that is mighty thin. I didn't see him mention the gauge of the tubing or thickness of the header flange, but maybe I missed it. If this is the real deal then this guy should be rich in about a week.
No mention of thickness,remember,you get what you pay for!!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:22 AM
ikwhite
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkflanagan
No mention of thickness,remember,you get what you pay for!!

My outside micrometer reads a thickness of 0.062" for the pipe and 0.052" for the collector. The pipe port size using inside mic is 1.610" H X 1.320" W.

My first take on these headers is they sure look good, but I am not really sure how well they will work with my angle plug heads, as the #1 pipe does angle past the #3 plug hole, and I did not have a plug and wire on hand to test that clearance yet, other than that lots of clearance for all the other angle plugs.

ikwhite
Old 04-30-2007, 09:48 AM
fauxrs2
Drifting

1.5" primaries... kinda small isnt it? I thought the std. tube size for a small block was 1 5/8". Also not all stainless is created equal...I'm not much of an expert in the different types though... I do know there is stainless that - well - stains
Old 04-30-2007, 01:55 PM
ikwhite
Pro

[QUOTE=fauxrs2;1560033928]1.5" primaries... kinda small isnt it? I thought the std. tube size for a small block was 1 5/8". Also not all stainless is created equal...I'm not much of an expert in the different types though... I do know there is stainless that - well - stains [/QUOTE

Might be if they were 1.5 primaries not sure how you came up with that, perhaps it was my inside dia measurement that is confusing. Most 1 5/8 headers that I can see seem to advertise an outside dia of 1.625" which would be 1 5/8". On theses I measured an inside dia of 1.610". Anyway they are exactly the same inside port dia as my other advertised 1 5/8 headers that I have sitting in my garage here.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
fauxrs2
Drifting

[QUOTE=ikwhite;1560036820]
Originally Posted by fauxrs2
1.5" primaries... kinda small isnt it? I thought the std. tube size for a small block was 1 5/8". Also not all stainless is created equal...I'm not much of an expert in the different types though... I do know there is stainless that - well - stains [/QUOTE

Might be if they were 1.5 primaries not sure how you came up with that, perhaps it was my inside dia measurement that is confusing. Most 1 5/8 headers that I can see seem to advertise an outside dia of 1.625" which would be 1 5/8". On theses I measured an inside dia of 1.610". Anyway they are exactly the same inside port dia as my other advertised 1 5/8 headers that I have sitting in my garage here.

I just did a search for vette headers on e-bay Ad says 1.5" - thats where i got that number. I also notice there are a number of ads that make no mention at all of pipe size for what appears to be the same item.

moot point.. the pipes are obviously big enough

Last edited by fauxrs2; 04-30-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Robby79
Instructor

Can anyone who purchased these headers post an update? I'm curious how they are holding up after use.

Thanks
Robby
Old 10-08-2007, 03:58 PM
heng1
Intermediate

I don't know about this guy, but I bought some shorty headers on ebay a few years ago. Stainless steel and all. great price. good quality and all looks great. I am just mounting them, Ok so it needs a bit of tweaking. hm, tight fit. hm **** the sparkplugs don't fit anymore.... darn. heap of s... ok so I can throw the stuff away now and buy real ones at summit. they're not even expensive. (plain ones, not stainless steel) so much for that. but maybe these are better?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:42 PM
OregonVette80
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sharkboy
Fubba -

First of all, let me clear the air and say I love my Chinese Les Paul copy. I'm serious. I am a willing participant in the free market when the design rip offs (aka GENERIC) have quality that is as good the price. :

I'm going to have to call BS on that.

I have been a player for years (28 total, 12 of those professionally). Having done numerous commercials, movie soundtracks (well, 4) and a few musical scores for a flyfishing DVD series.

Believe me you...An Epiphone or Ibanez Les Paul "copy" is just that...a COPY.

There is NO WAY IN H#LL that I have ever played a generic, foriegn Les Paul to play as well, feel as well, and have as good of a build as a HANDCRAFTED, hand built Les Paul built in Tennessee, USA.
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Division...ssics/Classic/

They may LOOK like a Les Paul. Sure...If you have a POS "metal Crunch Distortion pedal" it might kindof sound like any POS on ANY guitar.

But...There is no way in h#ll you can sell me that an Epiphone/FAKE Les Paul is anywhere near as good as a handcrafted, American made Les Paul.

Carry on.

FWIW...

I ponied up & bought a set of professionally made, local built, Stans Headers. 100% warranty.

If I had a $199 Corvette (read this as a slammed Honda Civic) I would put on $199 headers.

Last edited by OregonVette80; 10-08-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
glass73
Instructor

Default Iggys

Been racin since High School 1969, Iggys was great then. Had them do some work on my 65 Nova ( in 2005) and it looked like welding school. Maybe it was a new guy because they were ALWAYS the one to go to. So not to mix you up but this is a mixed reveiw, Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Stainless Headers for $199???? Who knows about these?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Sharkboy
Instructor

Default Hijack and Miserlou...

Originally Posted by OregonVette80

I'm going to have to call BS on that.

I have been a player for years (28 total, 12 of those professionally). Having done numerous commercials, movie soundtracks (well, 4) and a few musical scores for a flyfishing DVD series.

Believe me you...An Epiphone or Ibanez Les Paul "copy" is just that...a COPY.

There is NO WAY IN H#LL that I have ever played a generic, foriegn Les Paul to play as well, feel as well, and have as good of a build as a HANDCRAFTED, hand built Les Paul built in Tennessee, USA.
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Division...ssics/Classic/

They may LOOK like a Les Paul. Sure...If you have a POS "metal Crunch Distortion pedal" it might kindof sound like any POS on ANY guitar.

But...There is no way in h#ll you can sell me that an Epiphone/FAKE Les Paul is anywhere near as good as a handcrafted, American made Les Paul.

Carry on.

FWIW...

I ponied up & bought a set of professionally made, local built, Stans Headers. 100% warranty.

If I had a $199 Corvette (read this as a slammed Honda Civic) I would put on $199 headers.
Dang, some of you Cavemen have gotten a bit cantankerous since the debut of your sitcom! You sound like me slammin' them Chinese headers 5 months ago!

OK, read what I said - "quality as good as the price". My $200 copy is not the quality of a real Gibson LP. But it is pretty darn good for $200. In fact, it's GREAT for $200. My playing style is the equivalent of a $199 Corvette so it's a good fit for me.

PS - I saw my 70 year old guitar hero Dick Dale in Portland last Friday night. Amazing. Curt
Old 10-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Vette80regon
Pro

Originally Posted by Sharkboy
....My playing style is the equivalent of a $199 Corvette so it's a good fit for me.

PS - I saw my 70 year old guitar hero Dick Dale in Portland last Friday night. Amazing. Curt

Awesome! I hope you enjoyed the show. I was trying to pry my father-in-law to see him (Dick Dale) awhile back.

Kinda makes you want to crank the reverb waaaaaay up on an old Fender Twin Reverb amp with an old Strat huh?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:56 PM
NassyVette
Melting Slicks

So anyone have feedback on the fitment/durability of these headers?

Quick Reply: Stainless Headers for $199???? Who knows about these?