C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Conditioned Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Augie 79
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Air Conditioned Wiper Blades

I replaced my heater core in March and then started on weather strip and interior replacement. I finally got the car ('79 L48 coupe) back on the road this past week end. Very happy with the results. But while checking the car out I turned on my air conditioning and didn't get any cool air out of the vents, only warm. Then while standing on the passenger side of the car, hood up, engine running and the A/C still on, I felt cool air coming out of the little screen that keeps leaves and other stuff from falling down into the heater core box area (I think that's what it does). I suspect I crossed a vacuum line or maybe one got left off while I was doing the heater core. Also the trany shifts a little rough and never has before. At a red light it'll come out of gear but go back into gear if I touch the gas. That could also be vacuum……..right? Anybody else ever do this?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:31 AM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

There is a little vac operated flapper that covers that screen to get recycled air from the cabin and you can get to the hose that runs it from under the hood, check it out to see if it works. There are 3 small vac lines that go thru a gromet in the firewall, the one for the coolant shutoff valve, the flapper and the vac source line, it is located to the pass side of the distributor
Old 10-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Augie 79
Racer

Thanks Sixfooter! Maybe I won't have to remove the glove box after all.
I take it by your handle that your 6'? You'll like this, I'm 6'4" and when I put new foam in my seats I couldn't fit! I had to put the old foam back in the drivers seat. I looks bad compared to the passenger seat. The sides of the old foam aren't has full and firm as the new foam so the new seat cover has wrinkles in it (sounds like me). So I'm thinking about taking the drivers seat out again and having the sides cut off of the old foam and replaced with the sides from the new foam. Wonder if anybody else has tried this?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my seat tracks off and bolted the seats to the floor. Gained several inches of head room.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Augie 79
Racer

Oh man I never thought of that (bolting seats to the floor without the seat tracks). Only thing is it would make it hard for the wife to drive the car. Wow, it's a 2 for 1 deal.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:46 PM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

wow, good idea. I am actually 6'1" and just fit in this thing, if I ever get it on the road again anyway.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:54 PM
cherrybombc3
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

6"4", I had to go with the automatic, as driving the 4 speed was a bit**.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:46 AM
copter
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one time I'm glad I'm 5'5".I fit like GM made it for me.and with the power seats it's endless,add in the tilt-tele and I'm in Vette heaven!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Air Conditioned Wiper Blades

Quick Reply: Air Conditioned Wiper Blades