C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79 runs hot

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:25 PM
ThunderMaker
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kb2fzq
Man, here we go again.....
OK...220*, obviously, everyone must agree is not good for the engine...
If he were to pull the stat out completely, and the temp drops to 190*, regardless if the fluid is going thru the rad too quickly, we have accomplished what we were trying to do....get the engine to the proper running temp.....
On the other hand, what if the temp drops to 160*?? Are we saying the stat was bad, restricting flow, and the rad is cooling TOO MUCH?
My feelings, in every other post we've tackled on this subject, is that a stat completely out would be the first move and see what happens and then if the temp is too low, add a quality stat....it just seems to me something is amiss with his system and if a lack of stat brings him to the target temp, no harm will be done....just my 2 cents..
Old 08-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tellcom2001 - Check out this link. Scroll down to the 40 Below product. I use it, and it works great.

http://www.stockcarproducts.com/cooling1.htm

Whether you get your heating problem solved or not, it wouldn't be a bad idea to run this stuff. It's great. One can, and fill the rest up with water. It's lasted me several years. The only downside is, in winter, with sub-zero temps...but it seems you wouldn't have to worry about that.

Quick Reply: 79 runs hot