C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hood insulation

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
jlaw68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default hood insulation

how many of yall still have the inulation on the bottom side of your hood? i have the small open element edelbrock air filter (just for a little while till i figure out what intake i will go with) and it is pressed up against the insulation. so i know that it is blocking air flow to the carb. was thinking about just cutting out the triangle area where the filter touchs but then thought about taking it all out?

any opinions on this?

johnny
Old 06-23-2006, 11:45 AM
blackcorvette1980
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really not sure how much it helps. GM droped it on the 80 81 and 82 and those don't run any cooler then the C3 with. Does anyone think it helps save the paint on the hood?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:51 PM
jlaw68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

paint on the hood was the reason for putting on i think, but ive seen a few people that didnt have it. dont want to take any chances with my paint.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:16 PM
slowup
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont have it on my 74 and the paints still fine, no cracks or nothin in the paint.But i was also kinda forced to take it off because it was soaked with trans. fluid from the hose busting off....
Old 06-23-2006, 05:52 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that blanket doesnt do anything but ware out in 2 years looking like sh@t.....one of the chrome retaining clips fell off while driving hit the fan tearing my jet coated fan while throwing the clip thru the hood i dumped the blanket and had the underside of the hood painted g.m. chassis black and got a crossed flag decal from fast decals .com-----------if you wast a blanket ill sell ya my old one cheap-also i would have to get a lotta hotter under the hood to mess up the paint,, do you really think that skimpy blanket is gonna protect it? it doesnt even cover 1/2 of the area underthere!!!!!----------------------------------

Last edited by carl a; 06-23-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To hood insulation

Quick Reply: hood insulation