C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will sawblades fit a c-3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Dartvader
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will sawblades fit a c-3?

Pardon what seems like a dumb question, but I have a set of c-4 sawblade wheels for sale, and a friend with a '74 c-3 wants to put them on his car. Will this work? What size tires is he going to need? Will this all clear the fenders with low profile tires. I hate to say, I dont; even know if the bolt pattern is the same. I never even considered the bolt circle size on the c-4,: just put on wheels that were sold for it. He has the standard ralleys on there now. . I have been participating in the c-4 forum for about a year. Mostly just reading of late. It looks like the back spacing is much deeper on the c-4 wheel, so I kind of suspect this will not work. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Dartvader; 04-30-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:54 PM
brdd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may need to measure....I don't know if they are the same. I have two sets of wheels for my 91: chrome sawblades and ZR1 chromies. The standard sawblades are 17x9.5 and take a 275-40 17 inch tire. If no one here knows, try one on his C3. That way you can check for clearance if you have a tire on it......
Old 04-30-2006, 05:12 PM
DVNTST8
Le Mans Master

Location: if you have a ? on my avatar, please contact me directly, you spineless twit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

BSeery has sawblades on his C3, don't know if he did anyhting special or not, just saw the pics.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:56 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by DVNTST8
BSeery has sawblades on his C3, don't know if he did anyhting special or not, just saw the pics.

Yep - they fit real nice.

What size do you have?

Mine are 17x8.5 for the front and 17x9.5 for the rear. I am running Nitto 255/50/17's and 275/50/17's. They fit real nice and have a taller sidewall that helps keep ground clearance and fill the wheel well.

I have my front end lowered a lot so it looks like a tighter fit than it really is.

Call Vette Brakes and Parts. They sell the adapters you need. Just tell them the year of your Vette and the wheels you have. The adapters will cost you about $100 each. $400 is a lot cheaper than all new wheels, and sawblades are very easy to come by. My first set I got with tires for $100 for all 4. Later on I had someone give me another set of 4 with tires for free.

Get notified of new replies

To Will sawblades fit a c-3?

Quick Reply: Will sawblades fit a c-3?