C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Martin Turbo setup, or accel turbosonic

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 04:46 PM
supervett77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry you already ansewerd that.. sounds good... But i think with the people i have been talking too twins might be better.. so 2.25 to them and 3 out the back
Old 07-31-2005, 11:26 PM
my72vette454
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used 3 inch to feed the turbos on mine cause that was the size of the hole in the exh housing. I had to make the round pipe transition to a rectangular shape to fit the flange. If you want to see lots of pics of turbo installs and find lots of info go to turbomustangs.com, they are a great bunch of guys over there.

Mike
Old 08-01-2005, 01:40 AM
bowtie racing
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveG75
Hey, anybody remember Monty and his twin turbo 427 small block. 1200hp/1000 ft-lbs on 93 octane. One of the ultimate sleepers.

This:

Here is a link to his sight:
http://www.montygwilliams.com

I believe Montys twin turbo installation has been best ever so far in a corvette . It worked ,made huge power and there was no rock left unturned .Craftsmanship,quality and choice of components were second to none. I highly appreciate hes work more than many others because he did mostly the work him self.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:42 AM
Guru_4_hire
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by my72vette454
I used 3 inch to feed the turbos on mine cause that was the size of the hole in the exh housing. I had to make the round pipe transition to a rectangular shape to fit the flange. If you want to see lots of pics of turbo installs and find lots of info go to turbomustangs.com, they are a great bunch of guys over there.

Mike
The reason I went with the grand national turbos is cause of the round 2.25" turbine. Lots of upgrades available too.

Quick Reply: Martin Turbo setup, or accel turbosonic