C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension kit recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Mr. No Name
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension kit recomendations

Hi there. I am new here, but so far this place is awesome. I have learned alot the last couple of days...

So anyway, after a nasty experience with Eckler's, I am back in the market for a suspension kit for my 71. I want to get the monospring setup, as I am going for higher performance.

My question is, does anyone have a preferance for what the best setup is?

By the way, I am going for one of those all inclusive kits for the front & rear.

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:37 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Check out the kits at Vette Brakes & Parts (www.vbandp.com) and Van Steel (www.vansteel.com). They're both EXTREMELY reputable vendors and both forum supporters as well.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:51 PM
djunod
Racer

What was the problem with Ecklers?

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
Check out the kits at Vette Brakes & Parts (www.vbandp.com) and Van Steel (www.vansteel.com). They're both EXTREMELY reputable vendors and both forum supporters as well.
I have had several problems with one of those "EXTREMELY" reputable vendors and won't buy anything more from them.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Mr. No Name
Cruising

I originally ordered the parts online. When I placed the order, there was a message saying that all parts were in stock and they would be shipped within 24 hours of the first business day.

72 hours after the first buisness day I get an email saying that the parts have been shiped, except the suspension kit, because those are on back order for another week.

I was upset by this and wrote an email stating my dissatisfaction.

The response I got back was in all caps and was quite rude, and offered no resolution to my issue.

After that, I was told 4 additional times that the back-order date was extended, only after I inquired as to why my parts had not yet been shipped.

Perhaps I am being petty, but I expected that if they found out the parts were not ready to ship by the date they previously stated, that they shoud at least notify you.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:42 PM
djunod
Racer

Unfortunately that's a good reason. Something close to that is also part of the reason for my displeasure with one of the above mentioned "EXTREMELY" reputable companies.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:46 PM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I only buy from Eckler's because it's 40 minutes from home.... I've heard several horror stories about their online customer "service"

Suspension ? The 550lbs coils and Bilstein shocks are pretty good, unless you race the car I don't think you need the front fiberglass spring conversion.... just my opinion...

personal preference ? 550s and Bilsteins - can't beat the value for the $$$... fiberglass spring for the rear ? I have a 9-leaf installed and it's fine....
Old 05-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Mr. No Name
Cruising

My days of ordering online are over. From now on I will call in my orders.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Chopper Larry
Le Mans Master

I got the stage 1,2,&3 from Mid-America, it was all fine except for some reason the rear sway bar was not a good fit, so I left it off on my '80. Car rides like it's on a rail, and also the rear is about an inch too high for my taste (I have it adjusted almost all the way down).
Old 05-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Here's a list of my suspension kits. If you have questions, I'll be more than happy to help you out.

http://www.vansteel.com/index.cfm?fu...ups&Group=6000

Dan

Last edited by Van Steel; 05-18-2005 at 10:46 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Suspension kit recomendations

Quick Reply: Suspension kit recomendations