C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More twin turbo pics, goes with "first try at posting a pic" thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 09:46 AM
my72vette454
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default More twin turbo pics, goes with "first try at posting a pic" thread

Here area few more pics...hopefully.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Guru_4_hire
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

In that 3rd pic is that the intake filter?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Guru_4_hire
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Also can I get a pic of how the turbo is mounted.

I am working on a 383 version of the same thing.

Quite literally about the same.

How much boost are you limited on the carbed setup?

Last edited by Guru_4_hire; 05-02-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:27 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

you are officially inducted into the corvette sickness club!!!!!!!!!!
i love it.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:28 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool

Need more pics!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:11 AM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! Have enough gauges? You might want to invest in some sort of logging program, there is no way you are going to be able to keep tabs on 9 different gauges when racing. And I agree, I would love to see how you routed the turbos and piping.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:17 AM
my72vette454
Racer

Guru, the third pic is of the exhaust pipe running from the engine under frame to the turbo on the drivers side. The fourth pic is of the air filters. There is no limit on the boost you can run through a carb, there are guys making 2800 hp with blow through carbs. The first pic is about as good a pic as any of the turbo mounted and the wastegate setup. If you want to pm me with an evening phone number and a good time to call, I will use some of my "unlimited" nights and weekend minutes to chat with ya. One of the best sites I have found for turbo info is www.turbomustangs.com...oops is that a swear word? There are lots of guys on there that have all makes and models of turbo setups both fuel injected and carbs. There were so many chevy guys showing up there that the site owner made forums for them. I found this company at the SEMA show last year called lizzard skin that makes a ceramic coating that can be sprayed on or brushed on and I want to get that and do the inside of the fenders and the sidepipe covers to insulate against the exta heat. Right now the fenders get just warm to the touch but I havent got the car running with the sidepipe covers yet to see how hot they will get. The turbo setup was an experiment to see how it would work and right now I am not too concerned with looks as I need to redo the entire car soon anyways. Future plans are a frame off rebuild with C-4 front and rear suspension, 4l80e trans, a/c (to keep the wifie happy), 335/35 18 tires on the back and 275/35/18's front, going for the pro-touring look and good handling. My goal is 1000 hp but totally streetable and roadworthy as I like to take a 2-3000 mile trip with friends every summer. Thats why I liked the turbo idea as you can have a mildly built motor and get some decent gas mileage but have lots of power on tap for those special occasions.

Mike
Old 05-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Guru_4_hire
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Wow I am only looking for 650-700hp

I have a pair of grand national turbos that are perfect

The exhaust setup was actually exactly what I was thinking about. Exactly. which is why I am so interested. There are a couple of differences. the outlet from the turbine on my GN turbo is 2.25 so that is gonna make my exhaust routing into 3" exhaust a little bit more interesting. Not to sure how I am gonna do that.

Also I am thinking about instead of all that solid tubbing from the compressor to the intercoolers and intakes, is use that s/s braided radiator tubing. You can find any diameter of that you want and it takes hot pressurized water so why not hot pressurized air.

I was gonna run 335s on 17s on the rear and 275s or 285s on the frontm with some sweet flares.

I will check out that page. cause that looks helpful.

On another forum that says ceramic coating your chambers and pistons will help prevent pinging in the boosted enviroment or high compression. So there is another thought.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:53 PM
my72vette454
Racer

Innovate Motorsports sells a unit called an LM-1 that is a wideband o2 meter and it has 5 other inputs that you can hook up to it also. It will datalog about 45 minutes worth of info and you can download the info on the computer and play it back. I have an LM-1 but dont have any of the other inputs hooked up yet, I like to watch a/f ratio, boost, fuel pressure and intake temps when I go for a test run, with boost and a/f ratio the most important.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:07 PM
oregonsharkman
Melting Slicks

Received 938 Likes on 364 Posts

very cool.......update us all when you get her on the road.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:18 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by oregonsharkman
very cool.......update us all when you get her on the road.
Very
Old 05-02-2005, 10:15 PM
JoeC427
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To More twin turbo pics, goes with "first try at posting a pic" thread

Quick Reply: More twin turbo pics, goes with "first try at posting a pic" thread