C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window motor wiring harness Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Captain_Kaboom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window motor wiring harness Q

Hi all,

Alright, replacing the window motor in my '77. Bought a rebuilt one, but the power connector is different- the connectors on my old one are parallel to each other, but the new motor connectors are perpendicular to each other (forming kind of an "L").

So, I bought a Delco wiring harness to match the motor, part number #4999663...but it is the opposite of what I need! It takes a perpendicular connection and makes it parallel..

And the connection to the new motor doesn't even have the plastic connection to connect the harness to- it's just a round metal recepticle.

Anyone know what the heck I need? Did I get sent the wrong motor or something? It looks like the same motor..

Confused as heck,
Greg
Old 03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

Why not just cut the connector off the failed motor and splice the wires to it from the replacement motor? Soldering the wires together and a layer of heat shrink tubing should give years of trouble free operation.

Whoops, maybe I'm confused as well. Perhaps there is no lead on the motor, just a receptacle? Perhaps the receptacle can be transplanted?

Last edited by Big Fish; 03-20-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Captain_Kaboom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Fish
Why not just cut the connector off the failed motor and splice the wires to it from the replacement motor? Soldering the wires together and a layer of heat shrink tubing should give years of trouble free operation.

Whoops, maybe I'm confused as well. Perhaps there is no lead on the motor, just a receptacle? Perhaps the receptacle can be transplanted?
Gonna try pulling off the receptacle...what the heck, motor is shot...

I haven't spliced it cause I don't know what polarity each of the connectors are! If I get it wrong, I trash the motor...so sez the warning sticker on the motor...

Get notified of new replies

To Window motor wiring harness Q

Quick Reply: Window motor wiring harness Q