C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just when I think I have seen the ugliest Corvette ever

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:37 AM
bananashark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks For the replies..The Car is/was Candy Apple red, with racing stripes from the coves only up to the rear wheels..The Hood appears to be a Phase III hood, and the tail is widened Eckler/Motion GT..It also had blinds on the back that are the same as the 74 and up Motion pieces(i wish I had those)..Joel Has said the parts look like their parts, but his fee is $2500 for research..and I'm in No place Monetarily right now to go down that road..I really am not concerned with the value of the car, as I do not want to part with it..and well I have my Doubts, and it really could be anyone's guess..The Kit is really wide, def not a Can Am street piece..the drivetrain is all stock numbers matching, and I don't know if it will stay that way..(it didn't run very well)..Car is currently in many pieces, it is getting a new birdcage, and is a major project..I like the 8 lights, but if I can get it's history or any older pics, I will put it back to whatever it may have been, in it's heyday..thanks.J.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:43 PM
cooley56
Cruising

Originally Posted by bamavettes
I get this email today and want to know if I want to buy this 8 tailed Corvette. I was shocked that someone would do this to a Corvette.

It can be yours for $4,500. I believe that was the price.

how can i see the pictures ive seen ugly paint broke bodys but never dented fenders or 8 tail lights
Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 PM
esierra
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by esierra
Hmmmm.........it's..........interesting. I'd like to see it from the front.

Scott
Old 11-11-2011, 09:54 PM
esierra
Racer

Nissan Head lights. What are ya gona do.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:48 PM
RobbSalzmann
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Wow... boy.. its kinda painful to look at, like when my son broke both the bones in his forearm and it was all bent in places an arm shouldn't bend.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 AM
johnmb
Racer

I guess if your goal is to make a classic Vette look like a ricer, using Nissan parts follows logically....

Old 11-12-2011, 03:10 PM
bananashark
Instructor

You can't see the old pics, like I said I don't know if the car mentioned in the beginning is my car...although it probably is..and they are not "dented" From what I have heard they are dimples designed by GM in the wind tunnel..Greenwood later put air vents over the dimples..to "perfect" Duntov's Mule...as far as the 8 taillights look at my pics, they are there all 8 of em...I took the lights out of the grille the day I got it...FWIW I too have never seen anything like my car either....Now that red car is different looks like some porsche parts and some Ferrari "kit?" pieces..kinda neat..Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Well, I definitely wouldn't call it an improvement. But then, I don't think there is really very much you can do to a C3 'vette to improve it.

Scott
Old 11-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Raphiki
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Looks kinda like a C4 Corporsche!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:42 PM
bananashark
Instructor

Can anyone repost the original pics from the beginning of the thread?? I would really like to see them Thanks.J.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:46 PM
canamvette75
Racer

Here is my can am. Car was built by Zaino (yes same people that now do wax) in the 70s in brooklyn. Car still wears its kandy apple brandywine paint from over 30 years ago...

And to the owner of the yellow car, you car is wearing the ecklers "race" can am fenders. They are a few inches wider. See pic below:

Last edited by canamvette75; 11-30-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:11 PM
bananashark
Instructor

Yeah I thought it was the Eckler's Race kit too, but I talked to someone who worked at ecklers and they said that it was not..it is actually a bit wider than the race kit or so they said..from the top of the rear quarters it is 11.5" wide and the front is 8" wide from the top of the fender line..awesome cars btw are both of those yours?..I've seen the one online before but I have not seen that race kit one really cool thanks.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:45 PM
bananashark
Instructor

esierra..do you know any of the history on your car? how does it ride?..Looks pretty cool..I've never seen anything like it.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:36 AM
esierra
Racer

bananashark, It was built in the mid 90's, The gentlemen owned 4 corvettes and past away and his son sold everything. This was one of them, He also had almost an identical 68 convertible with same side body panels but different front and rear that another friend bought.

It rides fine but it needs new tires. Currrently for sale as a project needing some TLC. 9000.00
Old 08-19-2015, 11:42 PM
csbrown0020
Navigator

Originally Posted by Slink
Something like that screams gut me and build a racecar. No self respecting corvette person could complain about the sacrilege of converting the car into a dragster if they saw the before pictures.

I bought an ugly vette on eBay and about the only thing it was missing was a chain steering wheel. I've since discovered that it's easy to correct bad taste, but it's been challenging to correct the real mistakes.

That's why my new diagnostic routine is to drink a beer for each splice that I see before I worry about what it's for. I find that the beer per splice method really helps when there are a bunch of splices.
Actually laughed out loud when I read your beer-per-splice solution haha I am going through the same thing myself, previous owners made so many chops and taped everything back together haphazardly. I find diagnostics a fun challenge though, so I don't mind the work. The beer definitely helps make things more fun too.

Quick Reply: Just when I think I have seen the ugliest Corvette ever