C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum Split Yay or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 06:00 PM
PRESSURERAT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote ......."who really gives a crap"?.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:50 PM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the majority wants it then fine but you shouldnt be offended or pissed off that someone is trying to show you another side of the issue...especialy when they are showing fact after fact of what it will be like...
The majority does want it and I dont see anyone pissed off about anything besides you. We see you are showing your "side" but I see no clear information about how your ideas are better.

If you really think about it dividing the forum will not stop the crap posts, but it will put them in a place they are suppose to be, which is the C3 General. This will give the people who want to talk about "My new C5!" or "My paint is shiny" more room to put these kinds of posts because the tech section will be removed from this section. Same goes with the C3 Tech, there will be no need to search for the topic you want because the threads won't move as fast and will get more replies. Seems to be a winning combo!
Old 02-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Just got back in town and C-3 looks the same. I guess nothing is going to change unless we get a sponser for the C-3 Tech section.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:17 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by CrossedFlags77
The majority does want it and I dont see anyone pissed off about anything besides you. We see you are showing your "side" but I see no clear information about how your ideas are better.

If you really think about it dividing the forum will not stop the crap posts, but it will put them in a place they are suppose to be, which is the C3 General. This will give the people who want to talk about "My new C5!" or "My paint is shiny" more room to put these kinds of posts because the tech section will be removed from this section. Same goes with the C3 Tech, there will be no need to search for the topic you want because the threads won't move as fast and will get more replies. Seems to be a winning combo!

Well said CrossedFlags77. You're wise beyond your 17 years. At least you can spell!!!

Anyway, you made some very valid points. We want to SIMPLIFY things, NOT complicate them.

the end.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by AGVI
Well said CrossedFlags77. You're wise beyond your 17 years. At least you can spell!!!

Anyway, you made some very valid points. We want to SIMPLIFY things, NOT complicate them.

the end.
Is that a jab at my grammer again.... I can read between the lines.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:44 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Originally Posted by Budman78
Is that a jab at my grammer again.... I can read between the lines.
no not you...
Old 02-17-2005, 10:01 PM
codestar7
Burning Brakes

Default Split?

Perhaps if we just moved THIS thread to another deep dark in the back part of the forum! We could get on with Cars.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:14 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by codestar7
Perhaps if we just moved THIS thread to another deep dark in the back part of the forum! We could get on with Cars.
i have come to agree with this way of thinking too...
i recently realized how stupid this all is and how i was wasting my energy and time even worrying about it...
its a G..damn web site for petes sake...!!!

there are far more important things in my life to be concerned with than to be arguing with a bunch of people that i dont even know about something this stupid...

i felt really silly when i realized how serious i was about it and to be honest with you,at this point i could give 2 sh*ts if it is split in a hundred sub forums...

this whole subject is begining to sicken me too...
Old 02-17-2005, 10:52 PM
platato
Pro

Location: The Armpit of Illinois Platato says..... "Sometimes your the windshield & sometimes your the bug".
St. Jude Donor '05

Split or not I still love you guys!

Platato

but I'm still hoping it splits
Old 02-17-2005, 10:58 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Again....
Originally Posted by The_Dude
My wife says you guys are taking this altogether to seriously. "They should go out and work on their cars, or take their wives out to dinner and get off the internet!"
Old 02-18-2005, 04:20 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by DJ Dep
LOL...can't wait to get to the tech section and extoll the virtues of the 302 Z-28 engine!!!!

Dep
I hate to tell you this, but wouldn't this be considered OT ?????
Along with your yenko posts.

C3 tech, should be about C3's. Most of your posts are not.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:43 AM
AGVI
Race Director

Originally Posted by SIGNGUY
i have come to agree with this way of thinking too...
i recently realized how stupid this all is and how i was wasting my energy and time even worrying about it...
its a G..damn web site for petes sake...!!!

there are far more important things in my life to be concerned with than to be arguing with a bunch of people that i dont even know about something this stupid...

i felt really silly when i realized how serious i was about it and to be honest with you,at this point i could give 2 sh*ts if it is split in a hundred sub forums...

this whole subject is begining to sicken me too...
yet you keep replying....
Old 02-18-2005, 10:36 AM
timrb73coupe
Advanced

for this newbie having the forum combined makes it easier since i am looking for opinions and how to information
but if it makes some of you happier having the wing nuts seperated from the lock washers by all means be happy
i will sleep easy either way and adjust as required.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:52 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

don't think of it as a split. Think of it as getting a cool new section.

This is not the same forum as we had last year or the year before. There are a lot more posters and its just getting too congested and chaotic. We need to organize things a bit. Do you put all of your files under your C:\ root directory or do you tend to organize them in a logical fashion.

I see this section getting a lot like the OT section in that there's just too much traffic to keep up unless you are on here 24/7. Its like someone is constantly changing the channels on a TV. I know a few of you are here 24/7 but thats not reality for most of us.

Most of us are ready for a change. I'm looking through the C4,5,6 forums and it appears that the subgroups allow more comrodery amongst members as they can hang out in an area of interest and share those common interests and be able to bond with each other more.

Its a GOOD thing.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:59 PM
BBShark
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05-'07

I just recently went to the C4 section and there was a "sticky thread" at the top that answered a number of questions about what could and could not be done to a C4. Biggest wheels, tires, offset, suspension mods, street/race alignment specs, engine changes etc. etc. I was inpressed at the amount of information.

I think something like this could help in the C3 section. Having this info documented would answer the many tire and wheel questions as well as other "common" C3 questions. Also it would be nice to have that info available to all.

Also, why does the C3 "General" section have group purchase and sale items for "stickys". Shouldn't that be in the "Parts" section? As it is now, it looks like the CorvetteWorks page.

Edited: Regardless of the split, the search function of the C3 section sucks. For example: I did a search on this thread to find if anyone had posted info about the C4 sticky. I entered C4 and it said there were no matches. After posting the thread, I entered C4 and it said there were no matches. I know that C5 was used so I entered that, same thing, no matches. So I entered C3, NO MATCHES!

Maybe the search would work better if the forum were split, I'm not really sure. Most of the time my searches time out because of the volume of posts in the C3 general section. Also, maybe if the search worked, people would finf the information they were looking for and would not have to post the same question.

Last edited by BBShark; 02-18-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:59 AM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Not to be a spoil sport, but doesn't the search function say something about not searching for strings with under like 3 or 4 characters? I seem to recall something like that. Not sure if it's real prominent or even there anymore.

BTW...this thread is STILL active? WHat the heck are you guys talking about now?!?!
Old 02-19-2005, 08:32 AM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Originally Posted by Desertdawg
I hate to tell you this, but wouldn't this be considered OT ?????
Along with your yenko posts.

C3 tech, should be about C3's. Most of your posts are not.

Hate to to disagree...

but the Corvette shares MANY parts and equipment with other Chevrolets. Many of them are high performance vehicles. The Yenko SCNova uses an L-72 engine taken DIRECTLY from a Vette.
The Yenko Deuce uses the 350/370 horse Corvette engine.
Using your methodology, ALL posts about non-stock C3 engines (302, 355, 383, etc) would be off topic in a C3 forum. I think that might upset more than a few people

C3 tech should not be about CONCOURSE C3s and restricted to ONLY talking about C3 tech aspects of a STOCK Vette.

Even my post about the Corvette NOT being the last performance car of the 70s, as many people had claimed, and describing the SD455 Trans Am was C3-related.

Have I contributed to OT posts. Most definitely. So have you.
I would have NO problem whatsoever with the active removal of OT posts/threads. I support that 100%.

Dep

Get notified of new replies

To Forum Split Yay or Nay?

Old 02-19-2005, 09:32 AM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay M
It seems like the same questions keep getting asked over and over again. If we could just keep the archives safe and keep the search function working, and encourage people to use it everything would be fine.

It is much easier to brouse through one big forum than two little ones.

plus if every one is looking at the same forum your question will get the best answer.

~Jay
Ditto.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:40 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

Originally Posted by ddecart
BTW...this thread is STILL active? WHat the heck are you guys talking about now?!?!
we're wondering when your are gonnna get off your **** and create our new section.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:36 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Originally Posted by turtlevette
we're wondering when your are gonnna get off your **** and create our new section.
i hope the Mods snap to attention at your comand and get this over with once and for all...
ive never seen anybody talk to a Mod that way...you must be pretty influential...

has anybody counted how many people are fighting so hard for their own section???
i think it is mainly five or six guys...

turtlevette
DJ Dep
AGVI
barkingowl
Twin_Turbo

yes...they are fighting a vicious battle...sparing no expense to cut down their foes...
but it is still only five or six people....six people folks...

ya...i know more have passively voted for it but only six have made it their mission and have stopped at nothing...

perhaps we should just make one new section and call it the
"Guru God Section"....

seeing as how there are really the only a few people fighting so hard to have their "super high tech" section...
then they could sit in there and advise each other on such highly technical issues that us plain stupid folk dont understand...

Last edited by OkeeGuy; 02-20-2005 at 06:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Forum Split Yay or Nay?