C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hieght of L88 air cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 06:52 PM
SEEYAAA

Default hieght of L88 air cleaner?

can anyone tell me the measurement from the air cleaner flange of a holley carb to the top of the lid? i just got a ecklers L88 hood and it isnt tall enuff for a standard 14" air cleaner, from pics i have seen the orig L88 style looks like it is lower and might work,,,,,otherwise im in trouble
Old 02-10-2005, 08:39 PM
CGGorman
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not in a position to measure, but it's about 3/4" above the choke tower.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:02 PM
wattac2
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do understand the L88 air filter base is "bowed" down away from the carb flange? I have the correct base and a standard(?) 3" tall air cleaner. It is now setting on the correct L88 base gasket that is about 1/2" thick. The air filter cover (non L88) rises another 1", so the total from the air filter base to the top of the wing nut is about 4 1/2". I have an L88 hood and the top of the carb air filter hold-down stud is about 1/2" below the top of the hood. I'm running an Edelbrock performer manifold and a Holley carb. I've just finished "fitting" my new air box (ther old one had been basically been cut out of the hood) and will have to raise the carb 1/2" to 3/4" to get the carb base gasket to fit firmly against the bottom of the airbox. The air chamber in the air box is about 3 1/2 inches tall (I just took the whole thing over to the painter, or I'd just go out and measure, so for now it's an estimate.)

Hope some of these numbers help.

Andy

Get notified of new replies

To hieght of L88 air cleaner?

Quick Reply: hieght of L88 air cleaner?