Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB Assorted Parts for 71

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 08:47 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default WTB Assorted Parts for 71

Wanted for 71 s/b,

Altenator 1100544 with a date code between jan 71 & May 26, 1971.

Rally wheel in excellent cond with March-May date range.

NOS or excellent condition antenna mast (large ball).

NOS or excellent condition passenger side rear compartment fiber board tray 6 1/4 inches deep.

White cloth pouch w/seat adjusting hardware.

In owners pkt, need radio instruction sheet.

Shock absorder broadcast stickers DG(front), VS(rear).

NOS or excellent cross flag horn emblem. The top square of the checkered flag (square nearest flag pole) for 1971 only is white.

[Modified by gq82, 4:21 PM 4/2/2004]
Old 03-24-2004, 10:37 PM
robertmc48
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: WTB Assorted Parts for 71 (gq82)

I have a complete set of rally wheels from a 1971 Corvette. They are complete and in nice shape and haven't been on a car for 10-12 years I think. I bought them with the intentions of using them but I doubt I will. I don't really know how to check the date of manufacture. They have tires on then too. Shipping will be a killer. If you tell me what numbers you are looking for I will check them for you. Let me know if you are interested and I will get the numbers off of them.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:56 AM
gq82
Safety Car

Default Re: WTB Assorted Parts for 71 (robertmc48)

I am interested in the wheels (depending on the date codes) but not the tires. If you would look at the area on either side of the valve stem you should see from left to right K 1 1, a # then the v-stem, a #, and lastly the letters AZ. If you would check on this and add in the numbers on either side of the v-stem I would appreciate it.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:10 PM
robertmc48
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I will try to check them out this weekend and let you know.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:48 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Default Re: WTB Assorted Parts for 71 (robertmc48)

Thanks!!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:25 AM
robertmc48
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I have decided not to sell the rally wheels at this time. Good luck with your search.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:44 PM
72ls5fla
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Jerry

There is a guy in the forum with a rally rim , seems to have your date code:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=776463

BIll
Old 04-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Re: WTB Assorted Parts for 71

Wanted for 71 s/b
Jerry,

Here's a few thoughts... I imagine that you've tried some of them, but one or two might provide leads if you have not.

Altenator 1100544 with a date code between jan 71 & May 26, 1971.
I imagine that you've tried John Pirkle (advertises in the Restorer)... They usually have a fair number of cores to choose from and their quality as far as restored alternators is first rate.

Rally wheel in excellent cond with March-May date range.
There's a guy from Lancaster, PA operating under the name "Wheeler Dealer"... Shows up at Carlisle events quite often. Usually has a large number of original rally wheels at reasonable prices. I don't have a number handy, but you should be able to run a search and find him. If you have trouble, let me know... I'll dig up the receipt for the Camaro wheels that I bought and get the number.

NOS or excellent condition antenna mast (large ball).
Good luck!

NOS or excellent condition passenger side rear compartment fiber board tray 6 1/4 inches deep.
If you have your original, John Waluk (advertises in the Restorer) can re-flock this for you. As long as the fiberboard itself isn't seriously damaged, he can do wonders. He might even have cores available... I just don't know. John also offers a service to put the clips on your trim rings in the correct orientation for a reasonable price.

White cloth pouch w/seat adjusting hardware.
Sal Carbone used to offer a reproduction, but I don't know that Sal is all that active in Corvette parts sales anymore (although he is still a vendor at Corvettes@Carlisle). If you can track down his number in the Restorer, you might get lucky. Originals pouches/shims are tough to find... Don't know of a source.

In owners pkt, need radio instruction sheet.
Jim Clemens (advertises in the Restorer) can provide just about any paperwork like this (do you have your key knock-out envelope? license plate screw envelope?). Just be prepared for sticker shock...

Shock absorder broadcast stickers DG(front), VS(rear).
You can probably create these on self adhesive paper using your computer (if you have the originals to compare, you can proabably do a darn good job matching the font too). The chassis judges are sharp and will look for the tags, but I doubt that most will catch this if the size is on and the font is close. Paragon offers reproductions, although I'm not sure if they have the ones that you need... Still, they are useful for establishing size if you decide to go the "do it yourself" route. Same goes for the engine broadcast code label located at the rear of the valve cover... You'll need to create one in order to get the points during judging.

NOS or excellent cross flag horn emblem. The top square of the checkered flag (square nearest flag pole) for 1971 only is white.
Another tough one... Actually, any real interior parts in excellent condition are tough to find. Odds are that you'll be looking for a good used one... Try Paragon Vintage (the used parts division of Paragon). As with Jim Clemens, be prepared for the price... But if you absolutely must have it... :)

Good luck with your parts hunt... I'm really looking forward to seeing your car at the NCRS Regional in Wildwood, NJ!

Regards,
Old 04-21-2004, 01:18 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Default Re: WTB Assorted Parts for 71 (Rowdy Rat)

Thanks for the tips Stan....why don't I ever remember to check the Restorer.

Hey, I look forward to meeting you at Wildwood!!
Old 04-21-2004, 01:41 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey I have some NCRS stickers for sale. :jester

[Modified by lotahp, 1:42 PM 4/21/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Assorted Parts for 71

Quick Reply: WTB Assorted Parts for 71