Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: ‘70 Black Original Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 05:42 AM
bearcatfan9
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Default ‘70 Black Original Carpet

I am looking for original black carpet for my ‘70. Somewhere along the line my car had its carpet replaced and doesn’t have the correct carpet nor heel pad with the IMCo logo. Willing to purchase if someone has this. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2023, 10:37 PM
bearcatfan9
Instructor

Someone replied to me about a guy that could make the heel pad but I misplaced that info. Whoever replied to my initial post can you respond again? Thanks.
Old 07-25-2023, 03:35 PM
sharp68
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you don't find one try this
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...g-carpets.html
Old 07-25-2023, 03:40 PM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by sharp68
Are they still around? I tried using them around 2005 or so and I kept getting the runaround about when he would have it available. Gave up.
Old 07-26-2023, 09:35 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

The Romeo heel pad is NOT correct. The IMCO logo is too big. Frankly the carpet was pretty poor too. Yes I bought his carpet thinking it was correct.

What I ultimately did is buy Al Knoch carpet without a heel pad. I located some used original carpet with a good heel pad and transfered the heel pad including sewing it as original. Also try and have some original carpet to use as a template.

I recommend you reference the NCRS manual because there is more to the carpet than just a correct heel pad. The weave needs to go in the correct direction and the carpet on the bulkhead is different than the rest of the carpet. It is latex backed. I looked long and hard and found carpet with latex backing but it was white instead of black. I dyed the latex backing black. This carpet is far more flexible than the molded carpet.

You will need to sew the carpet edge correctly where required and make sure it is cut correctly depending on year and model.

The one thing that I have not ben able to locate is the correct brown carpet pad and I have yet to find some good used carpet padding.

Old 08-19-2023, 07:36 AM
bearcatfan9
Instructor

Originally Posted by bearcatfan9
I am looking for original black carpet for my ‘70. Somewhere along the line my car had its carpet replaced and doesn’t have the correct carpet nor heel pad with the IMCo logo. Willing to purchase if someone has this. Thanks.
Reposting to be seen again. Willing to pay for orginal carpet in good condition.

Get notified of new replies

To ‘70 Black Original Carpet

Quick Reply: WTB: ‘70 Black Original Carpet