Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: FREE Use of Crossmember Dent Removal Tool

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 12:08 AM
Ericshere03
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks guys … I’ll give you guys a heads up when I get parts back from rebuilders, I don’t wanna hog up this thing …
Old 02-09-2022, 12:46 PM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,795 Likes on 2,975 Posts

I won't need it for a while, but I just wanted to get my name on the list and attached to this thread so I can get it when I need it, if it's still available to use at the time.
Thanks for sharing, Greg
Old 02-10-2022, 11:34 AM
00Nassau
Safety Car

Received 93 Likes on 65 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by OldCarBum
I won't need it for a while, but I just wanted to get my name on the list and attached to this thread so I can get it when I need it, if it's still available to use at the time.
Thanks for sharing, Greg
Greg,

There are three of us that have tools available, so you should have no trouble getting one unless activity increases significantly.

Thanks,
Allen
Old 02-10-2022, 11:39 AM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,795 Likes on 2,975 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Nassau
Greg,

There are three of us that have tools available, so you should have no trouble getting one unless activity increases significantly.

Thanks,
Allen
I’m in no rush.
I’m just happy you guys are all offering these up for use for free.
One less tool I need to buy to use one time!
Old 06-13-2022, 12:43 PM
JPGearjammer
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dent removal tool

Hi guys could use the tool if anyone has one and can ship it to Winnipeg Mb, Canada, will cover all shipping costs as stated, no rush but whenever one is available,
Old 06-14-2022, 09:27 AM
dons70vert
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric,

I have one available, too. Just let Bob or I know when you need one.

Thanks,
Allen
I could use this tool. let me know how to go about it.
Thanks
Don
Old 06-14-2022, 10:59 AM
00Nassau
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '11

Don,

I have sent a PM to you and Casey Griffin to get him to ship my tool to you.

JP,

I have sent a PM to other members who have tools and will let you know what they say.

Thanks,
Allen

Old 06-14-2022, 05:53 PM
Travis S
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Don,

I have sent a PM to you and Casey Griffin to get him to ship my tool to you.

JP,

I have sent a PM to other members who have tools and will let you know what they say.

Thanks,
Allen
I just picked up a 68 and the dented crossmember already drives me nuts. Pulling all the suspension to do coilovers and would love the use of one of these tools since I will have everything out of my way. Please put me on the list.

Thank you
Travis
Old 06-15-2022, 06:15 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Allen,
I have two of the tools I own sitting here at my home in Easton, PA at the present moment and would be glad to ship one out in the US to help members. Unfortunately I cannot ship out of the US at this time as I do not have the proper paperwork for shipping outside the US.
Let me know if I can be of assistance.
David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 06-15-2022, 12:06 PM
00Nassau
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '11

David,
JPGearjammer has pm'd me that he has an address in the US that you can ship to. If you don't mind, please pm him to get the US address.
Travis S would like to get your other tool. Please pm him also.
I am getting my tool sent to dons70vert.
It looks like our three tools will handle the current demand. Bob K said he was going to contact you today. If he wants to send his tool to one of these people, that is fine.
Thanks,
Allen
Old 06-15-2022, 03:19 PM
Travis S
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

David,
JPGearjammer has pm'd me that he has an address in the US that you can ship to. If you don't mind, please pm him to get the US address.
It looks like our three tools will handle the current demand. Bob K said he was going to contact you today. If he wants to send his tool to one of these people, that is fine.
Thanks,
Allen
Thanks guys! This is a cool thing your doing for everyone!
Old 06-17-2022, 07:25 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

David,
Thanks,
Allen
I had written to Dons70Vert but will let you get yours shipped there Allen. I have reached out to JPGearhammer with a PM and I will reach out to Travis S now as well. Thanks for coordinating this.
David
Old 06-21-2022, 05:54 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Travis S
I just picked up a 68 and the dented crossmember already drives me nuts. Pulling all the suspension to do coilovers and would love the use of one of these tools since I will have everything out of my way. Please put me on the list.

Thank you
Travis
Travis, your loaner tool ships out tomorrow.
Best regards,
David Howard
Old 06-21-2022, 05:56 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Three front cross member dent removal tools are shipping out tomorrow.
That will be all three of the tools that I have available to lend.
You will get PM's if you are receiving one of my loaner tools.
Thank you.
David Howard
AllC34Me
Old 06-21-2022, 07:29 PM
00Nassau
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '11

David,
I am having difficulty getting ahold of Casey Griffin. I have tried sending private messages, but he has not been on the Corvette Forum for 15 months. I mailed a letter to him to send my tool to dons70vert. I received a private message from dons70vert that he received a tool from you today. If Casey Griffin sends my tool to dons70vert we can have him forward it to someone else. If anyone has an email address or phone number for Casey Griffin, please let me know.
Thanks,
Allen
Old 06-21-2022, 07:32 PM
00Nassau
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '11

David,
I think it would be best if I let you manage the lending of these tools. Between you and Bob K, you have three tools, and I just have one. I am currently waiting to hear from Casey Griffin or hear that dons70vert received my tool from him. So I don't know what the true status is of my tool.
Thanks,
Allen
Old 06-22-2022, 07:36 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

David,
I think it would be best if I let you manage the lending of these tools. Between you and Bob K, you have three tools, and I just have one. I am currently waiting to hear from Casey Griffin or hear that dons70vert received my tool from him. So I don't know what the true status is of my tool.
Thanks,
Allen
Allen, let me update what I have here and where they stand. I had one tool provided by Mooser in the mix. That tool will be heading to Canada and after that is back in Canada it will be returned to Mooser and he can coordinate it moving around as needed up North. I own two additional tools here. One of those two tools is heading to Oregon today. I have one tool I can provide to dons70vert but he has not sent me an address so I have not shipped it to him yet. I have started requesting my tools to be sent back to me when the person is done with it so I can keep track of my two. I believe Bob K still has his at his house and I will confirm with him that he does.
Unfortunately I do not know Casey Griffin but I will do some checking over on Facebook to see if he may have moved over to one of those sites.
I didn't mean to step on you getting the tool from Casey to Don but if Don gets both he can just send mine back to me and possibly just send yours back to you.

One point of note. I am getting the tools back to check the parts, the tools, and the instructions to make sure the next guy gets all of the items. The instructions have been going missing so I print new ones and include them and clean up the tools before shipping them back out. All in all it works pretty well.
Let me know if I need to do something differently to help and not hinder this operation.
Thank you and best regards,
David

Get notified of new replies

To FREE Use of Crossmember Dent Removal Tool

Old 06-23-2022, 11:07 AM
00Nassau
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '11

David,
I am going to go the same route as you in the future and have my tool sent back to me. My way certainly is not working out well since I can't get a response from the person with my tool.
Thanks,
Allen
Old 06-23-2022, 03:31 PM
dons70vert
Advanced

Originally Posted by AllC34Me
Allen, let me update what I have here and where they stand. I had one tool provided by Mooser in the mix. That tool will be heading to Canada and after that is back in Canada it will be returned to Mooser and he can coordinate it moving around as needed up North. I own two additional tools here. One of those two tools is heading to Oregon today. I have one tool I can provide to dons70vert but he has not sent me an address so I have not shipped it to him yet. I have started requesting my tools to be sent back to me when the person is done with it so I can keep track of my two. I believe Bob K still has his at his house and I will confirm with him that he does.
Unfortunately I do not know Casey Griffin but I will do some checking over on Facebook to see if he may have moved over to one of those sites.
I didn't mean to step on you getting the tool from Casey to Don but if Don gets both he can just send mine back to me and possibly just send yours back to you.

One point of note. I am getting the tools back to check the parts, the tools, and the instructions to make sure the next guy gets all of the items. The instructions have been going missing so I print new ones and include them and clean up the tools before shipping them back out. All in all it works pretty well.
Let me know if I need to do something differently to help and not hinder this operation.
David
Dave i will let you know when i get the tool. If i receive the other one i will also lyk.also
Old 06-23-2022, 03:33 PM
dons70vert
Advanced

Originally Posted by AllC34Me

David
Dave i will let you know when i get the tool. If i receive the other one i will also lyk.also

Quick Reply: FS: FREE Use of Crossmember Dent Removal Tool