Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: WTB upper control Arm. 73

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 11:15 PM
flyinfree
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default WTB upper control Arm. 73

I am looking for a drivers side upper control A arm preferably with good bushings and ball joint. Would like a complete ready to bolt up assembly.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:56 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

You may want to take a picture of the upper control arm that you are not replacing so your potential provider can match the ball joint. There are different styles of finishing bolts that hold the ball joints in place, including rivets, rivet style screw heads, and bolt heads to name three. If you want to have your new control arm match your existing arm that will be one of the areas to cover. Also, you may want to determine which type of surface treatment you want. I use black powder coating. Some use POR 15. Some use paint. Just depends upon what you want.
Good luck with your search and best regards,
David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 06-28-2018, 06:51 AM
flyinfree
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Screw in ball joint

David,
. This is a friends car. They ball joint is a screw in type no rivets. I have a 68 and had an 80 and the ball joint is completely different. it has a taller cylindrical piece standing an inch tall on top side of A arm.

He just wants the car back together so he can drive it. If this were my car the entire front end would be rebuilt. The a arm shaft came out of the A arm bushings.

Sorry I dont have pictures of the ball joint. However this is not for restoration of the car. He is just trying to get back on the road without getting a divorce from his wife.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:58 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by flyinfree
David,
. This is a friends car. They ball joint is a screw in type no rivets. I have a 68 and had an 80 and the ball joint is completely different. it has a taller cylindrical piece standing an inch tall on top side of A arm.

He just wants the car back together so he can drive it. If this were my car the entire front end would be rebuilt. The a arm shaft came out of the A arm bushings.

Sorry I dont have pictures of the ball joint. However this is not for restoration of the car. He is just trying to get back on the road without getting a divorce from his wife.
Let me see what I have from my spares. I know I have a complete set of upper control arms in good shape, just need to double check the cross arm bushings and the ball joints.
Thanks for the clarity.
David
Old 06-29-2018, 02:17 PM
0So Cal VETTES
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

$75 Control arm + $35 ball joint & bushings + S&H

Get notified of new replies

To WTB upper control Arm. 73

Quick Reply: WTB: WTB upper control Arm. 73