Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Kwik Lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 10:30 PM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Kwik Lift

Hey guys. Cleaning out my late fathers garage this week. Unfortunately he passed away in back in January. Anyway, I currently live in KC, MO and he resided in Central NJ. One of the things left to me was the Kwik Lift that he used to work on his Corvette. I just finished breaking it down today in prep to transport it back to KC. Really don't have a need for it, so thought I'd throw this out there...

For starters, I'm looking to get $1000 for it. I will be leaving NJ early Saturday morning 4/28 and will be driving back to KC. Will spend the night in Indiana and will continue the remainder of the trip on Sunday. Starting off, i'll be heading across I-78 through NJ and into PA. From there, i'll pick up the PA Turnpike at Carlisle and continue on through Pittsburgh. Then i'll pick up I-70 for the remainder of the trip to back to Kansas City. If anyone is seriously interested in purchasing it, I would be willing to meet you at any one of the exits along my route.

Well take a look at the photos below. You can just respond here or send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks for your consideration.

Brian
Attached Images       
Old 04-24-2018, 03:29 AM
kaman
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Does it have a center lift bridge? 1or2 of them?
Old 04-24-2018, 07:49 AM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Yes. It has 1 center lift bridge.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:55 AM
blue by you
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 91 Posts

wish I had the extra cash, I am in nj
GLWS
Old 04-24-2018, 12:48 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss, never an easy thing to deal with.

I have the exact some one, same color and will be selling it in the future. Your price is fair and I would NOT sell it for less, just my opinion. If you are going to keep the corvette you might want to keep the lift if you have the room. I pulled my engine, trans, and suspension off with the car on the lift.

Last edited by GTR1999; 04-24-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: correction
Old 04-24-2018, 02:55 PM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blue by you
wish I had the extra cash, I am in nj
GLWS
Sorry, but thank you!
Old 04-24-2018, 03:13 PM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GTR1999
Sorry to hear of your loss, never an easy thing to deal with.

I have the exact some one, same color and will be selling it in the future. Your price is fair and I would sell it for less, just my opinion. If you are going to keep the corvette you might want to keep the lift if you have the room. I pulled my engine, trans, and suspension off with the car on the lift.
Thank you GTR. It really does suck. Have spent the last two days going through his shop deciding what to keep, sell, donate, throw away, etc. I’ve tried going into the house to go through things as well, but it has been extremely difficult. I know that with time it will get a little easier on all of us, but right now it’s still hard to cope with.

Anyway, thanks for your input. Wish I had room for the lift back home in KC, but I just don’t. I have two of my co-workers willing to buy it, but I told them I was offering it up to the guys here on the forum first. As for space, I already have my 71 Convertible that was a complete body off resto. It’s pretty well finished up. Was hoping to get it on the road this summer, but probably not likely now. I have also inherited Dads 71 Coupe. 454 w/ turbo 400 along with 2 other vehicles. As you can tell, I’ve got my hands full with all of this. The 2 vehicles will be sold, but plan on keeping the Corvette. Have no idea where to store it though. Told my wife she will have to start parking outside, but she didn’t like that idea at all. Gotta love it. Well thanks again for your reply.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:20 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by spdrcr29

Thank you GTR. It really does suck. Have spent the last two days going through his shop deciding what to keep, sell, donate, throw away, etc. I’ve tried going into the house to go through things as well, but it has been extremely difficult. I know that with time it will get a little easier on all of us, but right now it’s still hard to cope with.

Anyway, thanks for your input. Wish I had room for the lift back home in KC, but I just don’t. I have two of my co-workers willing to buy it, but I told them I was offering it up to the guys here on the forum first. As for space, I already have my 71 Convertible that was a complete body off resto. It’s pretty well finished up. Was hoping to get it on the road this summer, but probably not likely now. I have also inherited Dads 71 Coupe. 454 w/ turbo 400 along with 2 other vehicles. As you can tell, I’ve got my hands full with all of this. The 2 vehicles will be sold, but plan on keeping the Corvette. Have no idea where to store it though. Told my wife she will have to start parking outside, but she didn’t like that idea at all. Gotta love it. Well thanks again for your reply.
I went through it last year, very hard to deal with things you grew up with that have to be moved or gotten rid of. I did see I made a mistake above, I would NOT sell for less then $1000. Yours looks new and has custom wood ramps. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Bikespace
Le Mans Master

Received 3,224 Likes on 2,390 Posts

Originally Posted by GTR1999
... I would NOT sell for less then $1000. Yours looks new and has custom wood ramps. Good luck.
Not to hijack the thread. I have a Kwik Lift, well worn in blue. It came with a set of custom wood ramps, identical in appearance to those. Are they custom? Are they built from an instruction kit that came with the ramps? I was under the impression that the PO of my Kwik Lift had made them himself, but now I'm not so sure. At any rate, $1000- is a bargain, if you have the garage space.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:20 AM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bikespace
Not to hijack the thread. I have a Kwik Lift, well worn in blue. It came with a set of custom wood ramps, identical in appearance to those. Are they custom? Are they built from an instruction kit that came with the ramps? I was under the impression that the PO of my Kwik Lift had made them himself, but now I'm not so sure. At any rate, $1000- is a bargain, if you have the garage space.

I'm sorry for your loss.
As far as I know, Dad had custom made them on his own. I found the instruction sheets for the Kwik Lift in one of his file cabinets, but did not see any reference to the wood ramps. Interesting to hear that someone else made a set just like his. Guess great minds think alike huh! Well thanks for the message and for the condolences.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:57 AM
jon68l79
Supporting Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian-

Looks good - I'll take it. I'm 20 minutes from I70 in Frederick, MD if that's along your route. If not, Carlisle is about 1 1/2 hours away. Send me a pm with your cell and we can coordinate a meeting place and time.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 04-25-2018, 03:32 PM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

You will like it......your back will be thanking you!
Old 04-25-2018, 08:38 PM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Hi guys. Thanks for all of the condolences regarding my fathers passing. Also thank you all for sharing your interest in the ramps. The first person to PM me has since bailed on the deal. There's currently other forum members already in line based on PM requests, so here's where I'm at...

vince vette 2 - Pending Sale. Will be meeting on Saturday

ch3090 - #2 in line

jon68l79 - #3 in line

As things change, I will let you guys know. Thanks again!
Old 04-28-2018, 11:39 AM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

SOLD! Thank you Vince Vette 2!
Old 04-30-2018, 02:11 PM
vince vette 2
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by spdrcr29
SOLD! Thank you Vince Vette 2!
Much appreciated. I'm glad all the stars aligned with your routing and my house.

My wife helped me move it into the basement until I get the '80 back on wheels and can then drive it up on the ramps. One problem - while down in the basement she stumbled onto the bench grinder I bought a month ago. Her exact words - "When did you slip this past me!" Now I have to add the cost of that to the lift when it comes to whatever she'll ultimately extract from me in return.

Best of luck with the rest of the move and with restoration work.

Get notified of new replies

To Kwik Lift

Quick Reply: FS: Kwik Lift