Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAKO forms

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 03:07 PM
C4vettrn
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default MAKO forms

found on craigslist thought you C3 guys might be interested.

http://muncie.craigslist.org/pts/5619151967.html
The following users liked this post:
The13Bats (06-25-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Rodney Slavin
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This is all you bats. Im sure the mako forum would drool over this ad
Old 06-25-2016, 06:27 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

very interesting, I believe I talked to the seller a long time ago, nice guy wanted a mako but got molds instead, I find the story wild that any corvette parts house didn't know molds from parts.

I happen to know that the parts do not fetch anywhere near what the seller believes, as that last guy who pulled molds off my kit was selling the entire kit front rear etc for 2500 and clips pop up on CL for less than 1000.
I know where a mako front clip cut for a blower is for 100.00.
And I would likely sell my motion mako front clip for 1/2 what he thinks they are worth right now.

I like his selling point the molds "say" motion, perhaps they are,
It's accepted motion farmed out their fiberglass work and their mold was made from john silva mako parts and they taped over the front grill opening to make a mold off the part that was then in every part they made, my mako kit had that, when you cut open the grill opening you fix that.

if you look at the pictures you will see that taped look on the mold for the lower front chin,
However that does not mean these are actually ones used by motion because I have seen at least 5 sets of molds in the last 10 years all like this not including the molds pulled from my parts, it appears whenever someone made themselves a mako kit mold they used a "motion" part.

3000.00 is a good price for good usable molds but the buyers needs to be realistic and not try to get anything over 1000.00 for a front or rear clip or you will not sell many if any.

After my ex buddy ( boring saga in my build thread ) who made the molds off mine sold several pieces the market dried up, the mako is very old school radical but has a lot of flaws that need to be overcome to have a nice car and the trend right now on the more modified c3's is a road race not radical custom look with c3's.

the mako forum is pretty stagnant like my 69 build but I will go post the link there and get the tumble weeds rolling....

Please note my reply is to promote some info on this subject I am in no way involved in or endorse anyone who was selling any parts except the few personal parts I sometimes post on here.

Get notified of new replies

To MAKO forms

Quick Reply: MAKO forms