Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB Rear suspension kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 04:56 AM
Dytiern
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Rear suspension kit

I'm looking for a rear suspension kit for my 1970 Stingray. I figure that while I am replacing the rear trailing arms, I should replace the rest as well.

I'm looking for a kit that contains the rear leaf, shocks, bushings, strut rods, coils, ect.. basically the complete kit. A performance style suspension package like the ones offered in Ecklers for example.

If anyone has any leads or ideas feel free to chime in. I'm trying to find a deal and save myself some money on the rebuild. This will be the first rebuild of a corvette suspension for me.

Thanks
Dustin T
Old 04-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Dustin,
I don't think there are many 'deals' on Corvette parts.
Most people have found that asking "where is it made?" is as important as asking "how much is it?".
You have several threads on the same subject going, and I suggested Bairs in one of them.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan

Last edited by Alan 71; 04-14-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Dytiern
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi Dustin,
I don't think there are many 'deals' on Corvette parts.
Most people have found that asking "where is it made?" is as important as asking "how much is it?".
You have several threads on the same subject going, and I suggested Bairs in one of them.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan
Alan,

I'm not looking for a deal as in low price, i'm looking for a deal as in quality parts at a reasonable price. I certainly have no interest in putting junk parts on the car to save a few dollars and i don't want to order a kit thats incomplete and leaves my vette on the lift. I don't want to buy an kit that would be considered "overkill" either

I looked at Bairs but i didn't see the complete kit I was looking for. I was hoping to find someone (vendor or private) who had a kit similar to the "stage V premium street handling kit" or "Stage IV super street handling kit" in Eclkers. Im going back and forth between steel spring and composite option and I havent made a decison on if it would be worth the extra money.

I just made a deal to buy a set of new loaded trailing arms and would like to do the job in one shot. I'm hoping for a night and day difference in the ride and handling characteristics of my C3. The suspension is pretty worn and im looking for the correct route.

Thanks for your help with my posts.

Dustin T
Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM
yel76low
Pro

I don't have a kit at all - but I happen to have a couple of composite springs and 8" bolts sitting around. One spring is 225, the other is 330 or 360 if I remember correctly.

Shoot me an e-mail (not PM, I'll forget to check) if you're interested.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Rear suspension kit

Quick Reply: WTB Rear suspension kit