Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S: Metal Rear Window Louvers for '78-82

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:34 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Default F/S: Metal Rear Window Louvers for '78-82

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD: One complete set of vintage metal / ABS rear window louvers for 1978-82 C3 coupes. These aren't those cheesy plastic ones, but are of aluminum construction with ABS privacy panels. Center louvered section hinges open for easy cleaning of rear window (yep, I've still got the original "key"). Used, but still in excellent condition as when removed from C3 pictured below, the only thing they need is a couple of strips of fresh mounting tape and a new home. Asking only $150 OBO plus S&H (prefer local pickup, as special packaging will be required).

Thanks for looking! Please email or post initial inquiries here. (My PM box is often full.)

/Charlie

Last edited by TheSkunkWorks; 04-08-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
derb59
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you still have these
Old 11-05-2010, 11:38 AM
doctorgene
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes Sir: It's a good thing you don't live in Kansas City, I would of already bought these louvers, if nothing else, to hang on the wall for people to talk about, these are old school add on, for sure. Where would a person buy the new mounting tape? Good luck on the sale. Have a great one. Gene
Old 11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
offaxis
Instructor

Use double sided 3m foam strips worked fine for me
Old 11-05-2010, 01:40 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

Yes, they are definitely old school Gene. Odds are I'll eventually have to figure out how to package them anyway, and I might go ahead and do so just to tempt you. Also, have a black Sport Deck which inserts beneath the rear window and above the privacy shade, if you've ever heard of or seen one of those. May post them soon.

Yes, 3M makes a range of tapes that will work well.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 AM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I have to sell some stuff, but like Gene, I might be knocking when you say you'll ship. I have been toying with the thought of those for a while.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 PM
doctorgene
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes Sir; I see that a set of earlier fitting Louvers, just sold for 213.50 Plus 35.00 shipping on Flea Bay. I wonder if I could talk my wife into buying these for a Christmas gift. LOL You guys have a great one. Gene
Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 PM
bobby396
6th Gear

Originally Posted by TheSkunkWorks
For Sale: One complete set of vintage metal / ABS rear window louvers for 1978-82 C3 coupes. These aren't those cheesy plastic ones, but are of aluminum construction with ABS privacy panels. Center louvered section hinges open for easy cleaning of rear window (yep, I've still got the original "key"). Used, but still in excellent condition as when removed from C3 pictured below, the only thing they need is a couple of strips of fresh mounting tape and a new home. Asking only $150 OBO plus S&H (prefer local pickup, as special packaging will be required).

Thanks for looking! Please email or post initial inquiries here. (My PM box is often full.)

/Charlie
im interested in the louvers you have...i have an 82 are they the ones in the photo...just makin sure they look like that in the same condition. ill need them shipped right awaycontact me asap at bobfl6768@yahoo.com bob, thanks ~ or send me your number so i can call ya when i get home from work...ill be lookin for the number tomorrow
Old 04-04-2012, 11:37 PM
myoriginal77
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

This is from 2010.

Frank
Old 04-05-2012, 05:52 AM
bobby396
6th Gear

For Sale: One complete set of vintage metal / ABS rear window louvers for 1978-82 C3 coupes. These aren't those cheesy plastic ones, but are of aluminum construction with ABS privacy panels. Center louvered section hinges open for easy cleaning of rear window (yep, I've still got the original "key"). Used, but still in excellent condition as when removed from C3 pictured below, the only thing they need is a couple of strips of fresh mounting tape and a new home. Asking only $150 OBO plus S&H (prefer local pickup, as special packaging will be required).

/Charlie
im interested in buying the louvers...call me asap @ 321-223-4239 and my e-mail address is bobfl6768@yahoo.com ill buy them if ya call me! bob
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

Yes, they are the actual ones pictured, and are in excellent condition with only a couple of very minor scratches. The only thing you'll need is a little fresh mounting tape. Need to solve packaging and get a shipping quote (assuming Titusville, FL 32780), but will try to get back to you this weekend.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:22 PM
bobby396
6th Gear

Yes, they are the actual ones pictured, and are in excellent condition with only a couple of very minor scratches. The only thing you'll need is a little fresh mounting tape. Need to solve packaging and get a shipping quote (assuming Titusville, FL 32780), but will try to get back to you this weekend.

ok...sounds good !!! im from melbourne fl. but im outta town right now. i just left there 3 weeks ago, and im working in north alabama at the moment. im supposed to be done here in 2 to 3 weeks...so let me know about the shipping, and how long it will take with ups or whatever your using for shipping. on the other hand....my parents still live in melbourne at exit 191 off of i-95 which is only about 35 minutes away....i might have my dad come get them (the other option)! id have to talk to him once we chat on the phone! let me know what the shipping costs...i wouldnt want them getting crushed ...that would kinda suck for me...ya know~ lol~ call me at 321-223-4239 sometime after 3:00pm in the afternoon or on saturday wich is my day off. thanks i do want them....consider them sold! bob.....
Old 04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

PM'ing you.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:45 PM
bobby396
6th Gear

you got a deal...i can meet you...im in athens on I-65....you head south ...i head north you got my number....text me yours so we can have some contact....i only have sunday off....or tomorrow after work if you want....which one is best for you? bob~
Old 04-05-2012, 06:54 PM
bobby396
6th Gear

/Charlie
woops....i just looked at the map corinth mississippi...is about center between us on hwy 72.....would that be good? bob~
Old 04-06-2012, 04:05 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

I should be able to make Corinth work for $25, plus the $150, but might have to put in a few hours Saturday, and this Sunday is Easter. But, I'm sure we can work something out soon enough. Texting you.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
bobby396
6th Gear

/Charlie
ok....fair enough...what time saturday...? if i dont get it saturday....the only other day i got is next saturday...and so forth..... what size stickytape is it 1/2 inch wide by 1/8th thick???? call me.... bob~
Old 04-07-2012, 07:42 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD

Bobby, it was good to meet you and see your nice ride. Packaging so they weren't damaged would have likely been a chore. IMHO those are going to look great on your '82 (nice ride).

Oh, and be sure to PM or text me with your address so I can mail you that key. Doh!

Get notified of new replies

To F/S: Metal Rear Window Louvers for '78-82

Quick Reply: F/S: Metal Rear Window Louvers for '78-82