PKE & push button start

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 11:17 PM
RockyL32
Burning Brakes

Location: If your not the lead dog the view never changes Boise, Id
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Default PKE & push button start

I have a 78 that I enjoy wrenching on. I installed a Holley Sniper with its ignition box and distributor. I was so impressed with how easy it starts I decided to install a new security system with remote start as part of my rewire. While looking for a system I found this one that is a security system with PKE fobs, remote start and a true push button start.
Just like my 2016 Corvette I no longer need to get my keys out of my pocket. As I approach the car (approx 3 feet from the car) the doors unlock, lights flash, and the start button glows blue. Once in the car, foot off the brake 1st push of the button turns on accessories, 2nd turns on the gauges etc, 3rd turns it all off. Foot on the brake push the button and the car starts. Once the car is running the second application of the brakes locks the doors. With car running foot on the brake push the button, engine shuts off as does the rest of the car, doors unlock. Walk away from the car about 4 feet away car locks, horn honks, lights flash. Lost the keys while out and about? There is now a keypad at the bottom corner of the windshield (inside, buttons work through windshield) put in your 6 digit code, doors unlock button glows blue, car will start and drive. After car is shut down and doors close car locks again, security system arms.
key fob feels well made, solid in hand with a bit of weight much like the fob from my 2016. If the fob/ car is unused for 2 days PKE is inactive and unlock must be pushed. System has a Car jacking feature that when active the car will shut off soon after out of range with fob (does not work if started with key pad. When car is running and in gear when a door opens the hazard lights will blink till door closed or in park.
one draw back to this system, every time I walk by the car with the fob in my pocket it will unlock when I am near and relock with the horn. A little annoying when I take out the trash or just step into the garage. I installed this about 3 months ago and so far has been great!

The following users liked this post:
ratflinger (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 11:26 PM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 252 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17

I like that - what did you use to block off the steering column hole?
Old 04-30-2024, 11:35 PM
RockyL32
Burning Brakes

Location: If your not the lead dog the view never changes Boise, Id
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

For now I left the ignition tumbler in the steering column. I will leave it in there for another couple months, till I fully trust this system. When I remove it I will make a plug with my 3D printer. I was also considering pulling the column and smoothing it all out, leaving no trace of it.
The following users liked this post:
Bikespace (05-01-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To PKE & push button start

Quick Reply: PKE & push button start