Drivers window adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 09:48 PM
WizRW
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers window adjustment

Hi all.
Trying to adjust my drivers window and need some advice. I followed the instructions in the manual, but can’t get the window to roll up the last inch. It is binding on the chrome trim at the windshield close to the door, and the weatherstrip above the door at the back of the door is pushing out hard on the window and stopping the window from rolling up farther. The window will roll up all the way with the door open. The window appears to need to move to the back of the car, and outboard at the back side of the door. Problem is that I have run out of adjustment in these areas. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:02 PM
kansas123
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 280 Posts

What's caused you to need all that adjustment, are you new to this car or did something happen? A few pictures might help. We like pictures.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:13 PM
WizRW
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, new to the car and I stripped the door and had some fibreglass work done prior to painting. I removed the window and all hardware to clean, relabel and replace worn out parts. Door looks really good now, but it also didn’t work properly prior to repairs. I’ll get pictures in my next post.
Thanks
Old 04-21-2024, 11:47 PM
stingrayiii67
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 141 Posts

On the felt there are those buttons that insert to the chrome piece. I just did my drivers door and had to use a screw driver and hammer to get them all the way in as it was pushing outward. Then the rubber weather stripping had to be adjusted on the ends of the door. After that it went all the way up.
Hope maybe that helps.
The following users liked this post:
Dave Culp (04-22-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 11:52 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,199 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Members told me to lower the window glass and slightly loosen all adjusting bolts related to window tracksso that movement can be felt with your hands.
Get in the car and raise the window as high as it will go.
Use a glass suction cup (designed for holding glass panes) to raise the window the rest of the way so that it fits all areas of the weatherstripping.
Tighten all bolts...test the adjustment by lowering the window with the door still closed, then raising the glass with the door closed.
This should get the window very close to fitting well. A few MINOR adjustments may be needed.

And then there is the repair manual

The following 2 users liked this post by doorgunner:
kansas123 (04-22-2024), speedreed8 (04-22-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 08:33 AM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 760 Likes on 529 Posts

No year listed. Coupe or convertible?
Old 04-22-2024, 11:07 AM
kansas123
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by doorgunner
Members told me to lower the window glass and slightly loosen all adjusting bolts related to window tracksso that movement can be felt with your hands.
Get in the car and raise the window as high as it will go.
Use a glass suction cup (designed for holding glass panes) to raise the window the rest of the way so that it fits all areas of the weatherstripping.
Tighten all bolts...test the adjustment by lowering the window with the door still closed, then raising the glass with the door closed.
This should get the window very close to fitting well. A few MINOR adjustments may be needed.

And then there is the repair manual
This is what I did to get my windows adjusted. The repair manual made my head spin.

Get notified of new replies

To Drivers window adjustment

Quick Reply: Drivers window adjustment