C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Wash in 45 Years: BARN FIND Corvette With 1599 Original Miles! - Youtube Link

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 01:13 AM
stingrayiii67
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 141 Posts

Default First Wash in 45 Years: BARN FIND Corvette With 1599 Original Miles! - Youtube Link

Crazy to see it sit there.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:03 AM
Stephen Irons
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 87 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Those guys did an amazing job cleaning it up, although I'd be a bit worried about water ingress in areas like the doors etc after the use of a power-washer.

But I get increasingly angry about the number of cars (not just Corvettes) that people have abandoned in garages, sheds and even warehouses all over the world - these people must have money to burn or be a missing a screw or something! Some people would love to be in a position to own a Corvette, let alone leave three in a shed for years untouched, and un-loved!
Old 04-17-2024, 06:50 AM
jgilevettes
Burning Brakes

Received 795 Likes on 387 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Makes me want to send my vettes to these guys for detail jobs !!!
Old 04-17-2024, 05:35 PM
Richard Daugird
Melting Slicks

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts

My cousin has a 70-1/2 LT1 Camaro, a Nomad, and I think a Falcon, in another state where they are being stored instead of enjoyed by him. He thinks they are investments!
Old 04-17-2024, 06:16 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 802 Likes on 550 Posts

My brother has a 2005 shelby GT500 and it had 19 miles when he got it. The DMV thought it was a mistake. Had to buy another set of ORIGINAL rims and new tires so he could drive it and not RUIN the originals. He always makes a good profit on what he buys and sells, but I am with you, enjoy it. ANd maybe a lot of these guys die off and no one even knows the cars are in those barns for a long time.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Daugird
My cousin has a 70-1/2 LT1 Camaro, a Nomad, and I think a Falcon, in another state where they are being stored instead of enjoyed by him. He thinks they are investments!
They're definitely his choice in investments. Some people realize the value in cars that bring them joy in owning them. That's impossible to value for anyone but the car/s owners.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:53 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by kanvasman
My brother has a 2005 shelby GT500 and it had 19 miles when he got it. The DMV thought it was a mistake. Had to buy another set of ORIGINAL rims and new tires so he could drive it and not RUIN the originals. He always makes a good profit on what he buys and sells, but I am with you, enjoy it. ANd maybe a lot of these guys die off and no one even knows the cars are in those barns for a long time.
Cars with "no miles" on them, may sell at a premium as they age.
Old 04-18-2024, 08:19 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by kanvasman
.................. And maybe a lot of these guys die off and no one even knows the cars are in those barns for a long time.
That reminds me of a situation that's potentially brewing in my area. I had a long time friend who amassed a significant collection of unique cars. He had them in a storage facility that he owned. There was also quite a bit of extra space in this building, and he rented it out to others, to store their cars, especially during the winter. My friend died suddenly, about 3 months ago, and I don't know if his ditzy, second wife, knew anything about these storage arrangements. There may be a number of "PO'ed" people, really soon, wanting to know how to get their cars out of the building!!
Old 04-18-2024, 08:40 AM
stingrayiii67
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
That reminds me of a situation that's potentially brewing in my area. I had a long time friend who amassed a significant collection of unique cars. He had them in a storage facility that he owned. There was also quite a bit of extra space in this building, and he rented it out to others, to store their cars, especially during the winter. My friend died suddenly, about 3 months ago, and I don't know if his ditzy, second wife, knew anything about these storage arrangements. There may be a number of "PO'ed" people, really soon, wanting to know how to get their cars out of the building!!
That is crazy. I can see such a headache coming.

Get notified of new replies

To First Wash in 45 Years: BARN FIND Corvette With 1599 Original Miles! - Youtube Link

Quick Reply: First Wash in 45 Years: BARN FIND Corvette With 1599 Original Miles! - Youtube Link