Sponsored by:

Beautiful Stainless Steel Fittings

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 10:39 PM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,715 Likes on 2,946 Posts
Default Beautiful Stainless Steel Fittings

Today I was searching for a nice set of heater hose fittings on Summit Racings website when I noticed sets that were offered in stainless steel, rather than the typical cheap chrome or the usual anodized aluminum.
I found the fittings I needed but Summits site showed them all “Out Of Stock” and available times not until July.
I didn’t want to wait and found what I needed in anodized aluminum.
I decided to call the manufacturer of the stainless fittings, Performance Stainless Steel in Rancho Cordova, CA and talked with the owner, Chris.
Chris told me he has been a one man operation since 2009 and said he had what I needed in stock.
I did some digging on his website and he manufactures some of the most beautiful fittings, thermostat housings and other parts.
I would say he is a true craftsman.
I told Chris that many members on the Corvette Forums are always looking for the best quality parts and advised him to contact the Administrator’s and ask about becoming a Forum Vendor, which he said he would.
I ordered a few things from him and only wish I had run across his products much earlier in my build.

Last edited by OldCarBum; 04-15-2024 at 10:46 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by OldCarBum:
doorgunner (04-16-2024), Mark.uli (04-16-2024), sleepchamber (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 12:33 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,201 Likes on 2,757 Posts

Stainless is about 5 times the price of steel. BUT...in this case it's worth it !
As a machinist of 30 years I was always amazed at the beauty of a machined-polished S.S. part.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:37 AM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,715 Likes on 2,946 Posts

I’ve used stainless steel fittings for decades in my boats, motorcycles and cars.
They last and look much better.
I was really surprised when I compared the prices to the aluminum anodized and cheap chrome fittings and found they weren’t much more.
And on the website you can get them in sets which brings the prices down to even less than buying the anodized aluminum.
The following users liked this post:
kanvasman (04-16-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Beautiful Stainless Steel Fittings

Quick Reply: Beautiful Stainless Steel Fittings