Sponsored by:

Chrome plating in the southeast

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 08:43 PM
sleepchamber
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Chrome plating in the southeast

I'm in upstate SC and am looking for something within driving distance. Anyone know of such? Seems to be a dying industry in my area.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:20 PM
sunflower 1972
Drifting

Received 537 Likes on 363 Posts

I like to peruse the C1 - C2 side of the forum. I've noticed they seem to always have someone asking about chrome plating shops. Obviously some current, some not so current but, maybe you'll find something. Hope this helps: https://www.google.com/search?q=Chro...client=gws-wiz
The following users liked this post:
sleepchamber (04-09-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 04:31 PM
sleepchamber
Instructor

Originally Posted by sunflower 1972
I like to peruse the C1 - C2 side of the forum. I've noticed they seem to always have someone asking about chrome plating shops. Obviously some current, some not so current but, maybe you'll find something. Hope this helps: https://www.google.com/search?q=Chro...client=gws-wiz
good idea...Thanks!
Old 04-09-2024, 04:36 PM
sunflower 1972
Drifting

Received 537 Likes on 363 Posts

Old 04-11-2024, 12:34 AM
C3Cliff
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepchamber
I'm in upstate SC and am looking for something within driving distance. Anyone know of such? Seems to be a dying industry in my area.
Tri City Plating in Elizabethton, TN is the only one I know of that's relatively close. Nothing in Western NC and although there's maybe a couple around Spartanburg that advertise decorative chrome, when I looked into it a few years back, the general consensus was very low quality work.

Tri City started out as a bumper straightening and replating shop but as less and less crash repair involved chrome bumpers, I think they branched out into replating other parts in addition to bumpers for older cars. Probably best to call them and ask just what parts they do work on if you're interested in something more than bumpers.
The following users liked this post:
sleepchamber (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 06:17 AM
sleepchamber
Instructor

Originally Posted by C3Cliff
Tri City Plating in Elizabethton, TN is the only one I know of that's relatively close. Nothing in Western NC and although there's maybe a couple around Spartanburg that advertise decorative chrome, when I looked into it a few years back, the general consensus was very low quality work.

Tri City started out as a bumper straightening and replating shop but as less and less crash repair involved chrome bumpers, I think they branched out into replating other parts in addition to bumpers for older cars. Probably best to call them and ask just what parts they do work on if you're interested in something more than bumpers.
thanks Cliff. Ill check em out.
Old 04-14-2024, 01:03 AM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 549 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepchamber
Yes. And chrome plating has gone from very expensive to punitively expensive. I've sent some things to Advanced Plating in Portland Tennessee. Very expensive but they offer a lot more than just strip, copper plate, polish, nickel plate, polish, chrome plate. They can restore pitted pot metal emblems, also provide a variety of different plating finishes.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:37 PM
srs244
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

sleepchamber, just a suggestion, but i have always had good luck seeking out local motorcycle folks and asking where they get their stuff plated. if you can find someone with a tricked out bike that would be great. if that can't be accomplished, check out a local Harley dealer and ask for some help. they are usually happy to help. motor cycle folks are really particular about their rides and will almost always have the best place available on the tip of their tongues.
Old 04-18-2024, 02:25 PM
sleepchamber
Instructor

Originally Posted by srs244
sleepchamber, just a suggestion, but i have always had good luck seeking out local motorcycle folks and asking where they get their stuff plated. if you can find someone with a tricked out bike that would be great. if that can't be accomplished, check out a local Harley dealer and ask for some help. they are usually happy to help. motor cycle folks are really particular about their rides and will almost always have the best place available on the tip of their tongues.
good idea. The Harley shop is half mile from my house.
Old 04-18-2024, 02:40 PM
SEVNT6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,837 Likes on 831 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Industrial Plating here in Omaha did all of mine and their plater once told me they did more Harley stuff than anything else.

Good idea for sure..

Get notified of new replies

To Chrome plating in the southeast

Quick Reply: Chrome plating in the southeast