T top headliner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 12:06 PM
RockyL32
Burning Brakes

Location: If your not the lead dog the view never changes Boise, Id
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Default T top headliner

I have a 1978 Corvette. The fiberglass T Tops are completely empty inside. No headliner or mounting hardware. Are there kits with everything needed to put a headliner in a T Tope shell?
Old 03-21-2024, 12:36 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 816 Likes on 562 Posts

I got a kit from Zip with the velcro round tabs. I don’t think it came with screws but I believe they are available also
Old 03-21-2024, 01:01 PM
RockyL32
Burning Brakes

Location: If your not the lead dog the view never changes Boise, Id
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Than you. I will check with Zip. Just to be clear, the tops do have the latching hardware just not any for the headliner
Old 03-21-2024, 09:33 PM
Bikespace
Le Mans Master

Received 3,201 Likes on 2,375 Posts

Got any lights in your garage?

You won't be able to mount the headliner if too many of those posts are broken off. That's what the velcro circles screw into.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:54 PM
vtech
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Search this post on the forum -How do you attach T-Top headliners - it explains what you are trying to repair. Basically you should have 7 to 8 kind of, stud looking stems on the inside of the T Top, that should line up with the T Top panels that have small brackets with a Velcro material. The T Top side is where the round Velcro pieces screw into the studs. You can purchase them on E Bay or from corvette vendors. Basically, they snap together to mesh in place. I just completed mine, when you read the post I sent you, it is suggested to also using some adhesive glue to hold the Velcro plastic pieces better in place.

Here is the problem with what the previous replier mentioned. If the studs on the inner part of the T Top are broken off or the bracket/Velcro pieces are missing from the T Top Panel - than there is no way to mesh the two pieces together. You can search sites that should show you what both the T Top studs look like and back of panel brackets look like, I am sure.

Get notified of new replies

To T top headliner

Quick Reply: T top headliner