Sponsored by:

Cell phone holder recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 07:21 PM
Coronette
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 311 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Default Cell phone holder recommendations?

I would like to get a suction cup style car phone holder for my 1969 coupe, to put on the closed ashtray lid, not on the windshield or anywhere else. I think that location would work best for me. I love Weather Tech products, but of course their “cupfone” product requires a cup holder. I haven’t found any product that has a base that would fit in the open ashtray, so I think a suction cup mount on the closed ashtray cover is my best option.

I know there are several types and brands for sale, but I wanted to see if anyone here uas one mounted in that spot that they would recommend. I don’t have Bluetooth, Apple car play, etc for my Corvette, so those aren’t options.

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2023, 08:30 PM
DC3
Melting Slicks

Received 353 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Coronette
I would like to get a suction cup style car phone holder for my 1969 coupe, to put on the closed ashtray lid, not on the windshield or anywhere else. I think that location would work best for me. I love Weather Tech products, but of course their “cupfone” product requires a cup holder. I haven’t found any product that has a base that would fit in the open ashtray, so I think a suction cup mount on the closed ashtray cover is my best option.

I know there are several types and brands for sale, but I wanted to see if anyone here uas one mounted in that spot that they would recommend. I don’t have Bluetooth, Apple car play, etc for my Corvette, so those aren’t options.

Thanks!
If you don't find a suction cup mount with a base small enough, you might take a look at Arkon Seat Rail Bolt mounts. They are flexible mounts that you can attach to the front bolt of the passenger seat. I put one in my '73 and it works well. They do make several lengths of the mount. I used the 15" mount. I don't recommend their phone holder called "Roadvise" as it's too much trouble to use but it does hold the phone very tightly.

Here's a link: https://www.arkon.com/category/car-s...ad-iphone.html

And a pic from their website of one similar to what I ordered from Amazon:

Good luck,

DC

Last edited by DC3; 09-29-2023 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Typo
The following 4 users liked this post by DC3:
Coronette (09-29-2023), Kidster71 (09-29-2023), Tranz Zam (09-29-2023), Z0Tex (09-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Cell phone holder recommendations?