Sponsored by:

Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 07:40 AM
Blue73Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by RedsFan
I commend you on your good taste. Enjoy the hobby.

I also commend you on your taste and best of luck with your adventure. My 73 L82 4 speed.
Fran

The following 2 users liked this post by Blue73Shark:
AKjeff (05-07-2023), CarterDawson (05-07-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 02:31 PM
CarterDawson
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue73Shark
I also commend you on your taste and best of luck with your adventure. My 73 L82 4 speed.
Fran

That is my exact dream Corvette!
The following users liked this post:
Blue73Shark (05-09-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 03:32 PM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 554 Likes on 447 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by CarterDawson
That is my exact dream Corvette!
Buy, sell, rinse and repeat. Do this over the next few years and you will have your dream car. Really, aggressive 1 year or less. Be honest and sell honest. If you can make a buck that's a buck more than what you had yesterday. Build inventory and sell as fast as you can. Don't sit on anything longer than 1 month. First start off sell what you have and do not need. Take the money and reinvest then do it again. Take on part time jobs too if needed. Build the money and inventory. Pay taxes... Look for auctions, swap meets and yard sales. Don't be afraid to branch out. Heck, you probably have a phone so you can look up things that sell as you see things that interest you. You would be amazed on what you can find to flip and make some money. Take what you earn and reinvest until you feel you have enough to start saving for that dream car.

I know one guy who worked at the office front desk. Each day, he came to work with a smile. I thought he was just a happy guy. On his time off he would hit all of the goodwill and salvation army stores for women and mens clothing. He knew the brands so he bought all high end clothing for cheap. He would take the clothing to get dry cleaned then flip the clothing on Ebay. For instance, he would buy a tie for $5.00 then resell it for 35-70.00 after it was dry cleaned. He would post this stuff all of the time. He kept his day job for insurance only. Over the years the guy would take his profits reinvest in clothing and invest into the stocks, gold and silver.

If thats your dream car then get started... Its that time of year to go out there and find things to resell.
Old 05-09-2023, 05:25 PM
CarterDawson
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jimh_1962
Buy, sell, rinse and repeat. Do this over the next few years and you will have your dream car. Really, aggressive 1 year or less. Be honest and sell honest. If you can make a buck that's a buck more than what you had yesterday. Build inventory and sell as fast as you can. Don't sit on anything longer than 1 month. First start off sell what you have and do not need. Take the money and reinvest then do it again. Take on part time jobs too if needed. Build the money and inventory. Pay taxes... Look for auctions, swap meets and yard sales. Don't be afraid to branch out. Heck, you probably have a phone so you can look up things that sell as you see things that interest you. You would be amazed on what you can find to flip and make some money. Take what you earn and reinvest until you feel you have enough to start saving for that dream car.

I know one guy who worked at the office front desk. Each day, he came to work with a smile. I thought he was just a happy guy. On his time off he would hit all of the goodwill and salvation army stores for women and mens clothing. He knew the brands so he bought all high end clothing for cheap. He would take the clothing to get dry cleaned then flip the clothing on Ebay. For instance, he would buy a tie for $5.00 then resell it for 35-70.00 after it was dry cleaned. He would post this stuff all of the time. He kept his day job for insurance only. Over the years the guy would take his profits reinvest in clothing and invest into the stocks, gold and silver.

If thats your dream car then get started... Its that time of year to go out there and find things to resell.
I already am started!

Bought this sucker for 5 grand. Fixed it up and it’s for sale for 8.3k

Parting out this one

Gonna get this running and try to sell it for $1.8k

Yank the motor and sell it for a couple hundred.

Gonna put a new diesel motor in and probably keep it. It’s in very good shape.

Gonna get this running and sell it for 4K.

I’m gonna get this one running and restore it. It’s a 66 short bed.

Put a new front end on this and use it as a tow rig.

This is my favorite! 75 K-20. Low mile farm truck. Gonna restore it and keep it forever.

I have no idea what to do with this one. Hopefully it’s got a good motor in it. Cab is too rotted out to do anything with.

Quick Reply: Worth it?