Sponsored by:

C3 Corvette 1968-1982 Soundbar System

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 01:17 PM
Aquarian
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts

Default C3 Corvette 1968-1982 Soundbar System

Good afternoon all....finally getting back to working on the 75...was looking at the soundbar systems offered by a few vendors ..has anyone purchased and installed one of these units and if so how is the sound quality...music selection of classic rock, buffett ...

Thanks in advance for the info..
Old 08-24-2018, 02:56 PM
Aquarian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Aquarian
Good afternoon all....finally getting back to working on the 75...was looking at the soundbar systems offered by a few vendors ..has anyone purchased and installed one of these units and if so how is the sound quality...music selection of classic rock, buffett ...

Thanks to DaveN355 for his insight with his unit and install!!!
Old 08-24-2018, 03:17 PM
ENCSDOUG
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

I purchased and installed one. Its better than the original. It's a good sound but thinking of adding an amp. It looks great without taking up a lot of room.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Bills75
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCSDOUG

I purchased and installed one. Its better than the original. It's a good sound but thinking of adding an amp. It looks great without taking up a lot of room.
I have a 75 and am thinking of a new system. What did you buy?

Thanks

Bill
Old 08-25-2018, 07:56 AM
OLE442
Safety Car

Location: Way too effing close to the city.......NRA Life Member!
Received 269 Likes on 173 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I have a soundbar but have not installed it. I can't figure out the best way to secure it in the back of the storage area. I really don't want to drill holes. Ways they've been installed and photos would be nice. I'd like to get it in there along with my NOS 8 track tape player so I can let these new kids hear what a real stereo sounds like!!
Old 08-25-2018, 09:21 PM
DaveN355
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by OLE442
I have a soundbar but have not installed it. I can't figure out the best way to secure it in the back of the storage area. I really don't want to drill holes. Ways they've been installed and photos would be nice. I'd like to get it in there along with my NOS 8 track tape player so I can let these new kids hear what a real stereo sounds like!!
The instructions suck. There are two aluminum C channels that slip into each speaker end. Then you are supposed to use set screws to tighten everything. However, the holes the set screws go in were not tapped and it was an exercise in frustration trying to start them. After dropping the stupid screw about 6 times, my friend (helping install the radio and speakers) and I decided just to use self tapping screws and screw the bars to the back bulkhead.

We also replaced the stock cargo light with a LED strip mounted above.

The following users liked this post:
OLE442 (08-25-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 06:04 AM
OLE442
Safety Car

Location: Way too effing close to the city.......NRA Life Member!
Received 269 Likes on 173 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by DaveN355
The instructions suck. There are two aluminum C channels that slip into each speaker end. Then you are supposed to use set screws to tighten everything. However, the holes the set screws go in were not tapped and it was an exercise in frustration trying to start them. After dropping the stupid screw about 6 times, my friend (helping install the radio and speakers) and I decided just to use self tapping screws and screw the bars to the back bulkhead.

We also replaced the stock cargo light with a LED strip mounted above.

Any more installs?
Old 08-26-2018, 11:14 PM
indy99
Melting Slicks

Location: the land of a never ending frame-off resto-mod. May Visa have mercy on my soul.
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased a C-3 subwoofer speaker box from Bright Star $125.00 http://www.brightstarcaraudio.com/in...te=common/home and a P10 amplified subwoofer made by Rockford Fosgate $180.00 at various vendors. The speaker box will need some modification to mount the subwoofer but it is not a big deal. You will need to cut the center circular cutout and a piece of the top board so the new sub box will slide in.

Last edited by indy99; 08-26-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Aquarian
Drifting

where is everyone mounting the amp...was thinking behind the passenger seat but wasn't sure if that gives it enough ventilation
Old 08-27-2018, 07:26 PM
BigBill94
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by indy99
I purchased a C-3 subwoofer speaker box from Bright Star $125.00 http://www.brightstarcaraudio.com/in...te=common/home and a P10 amplified subwoofer made by Rockford Fosgate $180.00 at various vendors. The speaker box will need some modification to mount the subwoofer but it is not a big deal. You will need to cut the center circular cutout and a piece of the top board so the new sub box will slide in.

I bought the bright star box as well. The box volume is way too small for a 12" woofer, you can get 10" subs that are designed for .5 cu/ft.

I suspect that there's room in the market for someone to improve the bright star design. I had to hack on it to get it past the drains for the rear deck vent, the 10" hole is too small and the 6x9 holes are too large, which is a whole different can of worms. I put a JL Audio XD700/5 under the passenger seat.

I put Polk MM series 5.25 in the kick panels and 6x9s in the bright star box. Without doing any tuning or adjusting, just cranking the volume up as a test - I'll definitely be able to get AC/DC loud enough to come just short of waking the dead.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:04 PM
ENCSDOUG
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bills75
I have a 75 and am thinking of a new system. What did you buy?

Thanks

Bill
The same shown in ole442 post.

Last edited by ENCSDOUG; 08-27-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:26 PM
bmvs
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 18 Posts

I went with this unit and left all original as is.... Was a great purchase! ​​​​​​https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/produ...rts-sound-bar/

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Corvette 1968-1982 Soundbar System

Quick Reply: C3 Corvette 1968-1982 Soundbar System