Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad news from the repair shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 04:13 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

I have a factory and extended warranty on my son's car. He took it in for a nasty noise coming from the front end. The dealer tried to charge him 160 for "diagnostics". I went bat-shi* crazy. Long story short, I got the car back without paying a dime. I had to find a new dealer. My first question was "do you charge a diagnostic fee for a car with a bumper-to-bumper warranty". He laughed and said "NO".

There are lots of good shops out there. There are also many shysters out there. My wife takes her car in and they charge her 80 bucks for an oil change. I went the next time with her car to the same place just to see and I was charged 50 bucks. Why?

I tell any shop that I make an appointment with that I bring my own parts. Not once was I told they will not work on my car unless they supply the parts. For my Hellcat's I even bring my own oil and filter to the dealer since they tend to use any oil and my car requires a special grade of oil. I don't even trust the dealer to put the right oil in.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:49 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 761 Likes on 530 Posts

The only problem I have with my shop's shop rates and if they will install customer supplied parts is called MY WIFE!

The one and only time I've taken my car to a shop was to have my headlights professionally aimed on a machine. They had the car for 15 minutes and made minimal adjustments after I'd upgraded the wiring/relays project. I wanted to see how well I did using the marks on the wall method. He said I did good. Cost me $15.

Quick Reply: Bad news from the repair shop