Sponsored by:

best vendor for c3 parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 03:53 PM
sambrand
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default best vendor for c3 parts

I have had really good luck with ecklers and fair luck with Chicago corvette, not so great with Wilcox corvette and horrible experiences with zips corvette

anyone have advice on vendors to prefer and advoid? the kid at zips customer service told me they don't want my business because he couldn't handle an f-bomb in the mailing reply / complaint.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:59 PM
ballen06
Pro

Received 168 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by sambrand
I have had really good luck with ecklers and fair luck with Chicago corvette, not so great with Wilcox corvette and horrible experiences with zips corvette

anyone have advice on vendors to prefer and advoid? the kid at zips customer service told me they don't want my business because he couldn't handle an f-bomb in the mailing reply / complaint.
Sorry... but an F bomb in the complaint dialog is not cool...I would tone it down if I were you.

I like Paragon.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:09 PM
sambrand
Racer

aye, frustration is a common element in todays periodic table heh, and if you've ever bounced your skull around the wheelwell a few times you can relate!
paragon sales. site looks very interesting and is one ive never heard of before, tyvm for the tip. restoring these old beasts is its own reward, some of the member cars ive looked at is a true inspiration
Old 05-07-2018, 04:19 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by sambrand
...the kid at zips customer service told me they don't want my business because he couldn't handle an f-bomb in the mailing reply / complaint...
Good for him.

If you're satisfied with Eckler's and Chicago Corvette, stick with them.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:35 PM
orourke
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 05-07-2018, 04:38 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 763 Likes on 532 Posts

Ibtl
Old 05-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Duck916
Team Owner

Location: Various places in California. Not currently aflame.
Received 640 Likes on 395 Posts

I've actually had great service from ZIP.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi sb,
I've typically had excellent dealings with ZIP.
I always ask if the parts are in stock before I place the order.
If I order before 3:00 pm I have the parts the next afternoon.

I'm pleased the person you spoke to at ZIP called you on using the f-word. There's no reason for them to have to hear that from you!
Regards,
Alan

Last edited by Alan 71; 05-07-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,705 Likes on 1,421 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I would consider Zip one of the best, and most of my parts came from them. Corvette America has also been good to me. Paragon, Corvette Central and Volunteer Vette are also all very good. Would not bother with Ecklers as they offer very few sales and discounts. Remember,.....most of these parts all are made by the same manufacturer, so its about sales, location, shipping, handling fees and customer service if needed.

I agree with others....when dealing with a business, you have no reason to be throwing out F-bombs. You want respect, treat people with respect, and believe it or not, not everyone thinks its okay to be foul mouthed.

Last edited by Torqued Off; 05-07-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:39 PM
loup68
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 428 Likes on 323 Posts

I have been a Zip Corvette customer for about forty years now. Paragon is also excellent and people on this forum have had nothing but great things to say about Wilcox Corvette.
Lou.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:43 PM
sambrand
Racer

lets clarify, im asking for options for other vendors, not justifying saying the f word, maybe if you had the whole mail information you might or might not agree with me, issue revolved around that lil checkbox that is in some checkouts to receive promotional mailings, my original complaint was about this feature of their website, I never directly insulted or maligned anyone. instead of helping me with my frustration this 19 yo kid chose to talk about my personal life and how he wanted to allievate stress and maybe if I didn't swear he would be more willing to help me. then saying please honor my word and don't deal with zips as they don't need any pointers from me...

but whatever my issue with zips is between me and them, all I was asking for here is options other then zips as I respect this community for their knowledge.
'
Old 05-07-2018, 07:32 PM
azza2u
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Being on the other side of the world makes choosing the right vendor quite important as returning things is usually not an option due to cost. Have used Ecklers (shipping is always highest of any vendor), Paragon have been great, Zip I have not had any issues with and they replaced a part for free that was DOA, Corvette Pacifica have also been good to deal with, Corvette America is good but I can't understand how the other vendors usually have cheaper prices on their products that they resell, last order from Willcox never showed up and several emails to their sales team about if it was tracked went unanswed so have given up on them.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:11 PM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

Ive been ordering a lot more from Corvette america lately. Ive used zip, ecklers, and willcox in the past.

Corvette america has ood frequent specials. I just save all the stuff to my user shopping list. they have a 10% off and free shipping deal every couple months or so and they ship fast.

their catalogs are nice. and the website catalog is easy to use. My other fav is wilcox his site is also easy to navigate and set model years. They also seem to send stuff from corvette america, and sometimes my total order with shipping is cheaper than corvette america. although sometimes things are not in stock and tey ship separatly when they get it.

a lot of my chassis and drivetrain engine stuff is from zip. they seem to have small things listed that are a little tougher to find at the other places.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:04 AM
mijohnst
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been using Corvette Central but my next purchases will be from Wilcox because someone there actually helps a lot on the forum and I really like that.

Corvette Central seems OK but their phone help women are not friendly. I ordered several items a few weeks ago and when one item didn't come in with the rest I called to find out why. The girl said they were out of inventory proceeded to lecture me on how "I" didn't click on the link on the website to the part so that's why I didn't see there was a back stock issue. I told her I surely DID click on the link and they DID have the item or I wouldn't have purchased it. I told her their web developers need to do a better job. I wasn't rude but she was happy to get off the phone with me I'm sure. Funny how little things like that will lose you business.
The following users liked this post:
Yankeededandy (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 06:41 AM
JBrooke825
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist

I have been very pleased with Zip,if I order this morning I will
Have It tommorow. Can’t beat that,I also like Willcox,and they will
Help you if need there advice.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:25 AM
DavidandJoansVette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Since I got back into Corvettes last November I have ordered from zip, Corvette America and Corvette Central. Not big orders just small stuff. Only issue was zip double tapped my credit card which was resolved in a couple emails. Did not swear but made it clear I was not happy.

Get notified of new replies

To best vendor for c3 parts

Quick Reply: best vendor for c3 parts